Kitaku Tochuu de Yome to Musume ga Dekita n dakedo, Dragon datta. - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
@forcedfun All of that is still without regard for his opinion or feelings on the matter. She is forcing her wants on him without thinking about him at all. She's not even listening to him. Also as the Mouse wizard dude said in chapter three, and confirmed by her, She strongly wished "I want you to stay with me" while thinking about Kunpei, which led to the series of events where they only hatched in Kunpei's hands. This is all what has been theorized/stated in story. Also edit to earlier post, this is a unique case so her mother couldn't have warned her about it. Evidently they aren't in need of a human influence, it's all Aoi's fault they do.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, there isn't really an effective real world parallel to this situation. Closest would be if, while saving a woman, she fell or your dick and got pregnant. There was no trickery and neither one of them acted in bad faith. It's not like she asked the kidnappers to sneak into her home and take her eggs or something.

That being said, yeah, it's not really all that fair that she's acting like this now. So what though? He's a bigger man than that, this is just a minor annoyance that, yeah as said before, will be quickly explained. He probably won't hold a grudge nor should he really, as it doesn't really mean much. Even if she did ruin his chances with another girl, it isn't as bad as it's being made out to be. That isn't as big a part of your life as people like to think, that's just romanticizing. His life has changed and some options may be barred off but he hasn't lost as much as you'd think and, if he looks at all this right, he has new opportunities in life. Rare ones that few humans would get. In reality, it isn't much different from how life changing events usually are: random, out of your control, changing all the rules, and swapping all the doors.

@Meridis Thanks dude, this post explained it way better than I could. There was no malicious crime here, just an accident. And the consequences of that accident just aren't all that bad as people make it seem to be for MC. Some would define that as a "happy accident." Its really not a big deal if his childhood friends and dragon waifu don't get along either.

Dex-chan lover
I came to this comment section to see that sweet comments that people have, instead I stumbled upon an argument about ignorance, manipulation and so on. Just enjoy the story for what it is.

Dex-chan lover
@forcedfun @meridis I have to disagree heavily, rereading chapter 3, it was her selfishness which created a situation where He was needed to hatch the eggs.

Her not getting along with his friends is a big deal because he is forced to be with her. That means that he now has to deal with someone who was forced on him doesn't like the people he has gotten along with for a long time. He either has to play peacemaker or essentially cut off one side, and because of "responsibility" that side wouldn't be the one forced on him. That can produce a lot of stress, pile that up with being thrown into a wild and stressful situation. People generally aren't happy with random shakeups to their lives, especially at the start, and not all of those changes are good. He now has to spend more time caring for the babies and her than enjoying his youth and preparing for the future, because the future is on him now. Having a child complicates getting an education, getting a job, and trying new things.

Double-page supporter
I am more concerned that the baby trolley don't have seatbelt.

Well it has certainly created an interesting world if it can create so much "debate". Even if the different sides don't really want to listen to each other. : P

I'm finding this really interesting, and to be fair about some of the points made it does make me feel a rather strange mix of emotions some of which I imagine are shared by our protagonist in this situation.

It's already jarring enough when you have months of notice, but to be a father overnight?

Well I'm glad the MC so far has shown himself to be a pretty good guy. I'm rooting for them!

Dex-chan lover
I'd say you guys need to discuss this in a forum somewhere instead of this comment section. Its getting veeery long.

I think a few things to keep in mind here is that why the babies loved him so much was because of her feelings for him poured into the eggs and made the kids reflect the same feelings.
and that is why he is the only one who can help feed them and calm them. So he accepted the responsibility of raising them.

But doesn't he only have to do this until the babies start eating other things? And giving consent to be a parent doesn't mean he gave consent to marry her.
But as I see it, it's her naivety connecting parenthood to marriage. And she also likes him a lot that.

Feeling threatened of losing something she half gained she wants to boldly claim that he is hers fully.
Which is silly. But she doesn't know any better and this is probably going to be addressed in the next chapter

But I do think he is going to accept her feelings and start an actual life together once they have pieced out who they really are in the relationship and what they want out of it´.

( i might remember it wrong and I am too lazy to check it, so please correct me if I am wrong )

Dex-chan lover
I don't care about the circumstances of how they met. If a woman, who also happens to be a dragon, called me her husband; fuck it I'm in.

Dex-chan lover
Will Yandere mode activate in that childhood friend??
And it seems godspeed is a little mysterious here... where did that power come from???
This girl here is too fast to react to people questions.. don't just go spilling he's a father or husband... he's neither you know...

@ForcedFun and @Meridis
Yeah, no I have no issues with her wanting him to take care of his kids and he is doing his job very well and not abandonning the kids which I think is what he should be doing, but her declaring him as his wife was a trashy move.

Also stating that him getting his blood on the eggs was his problem is extremely stupid, what was he supposed to do let the eggs he just rescued fall and crack? She did not know what would happen either so I dont blame her for allowing him to help and touch the eggs. I only have issues with her declaring him as her husband.

She is the one that wished for a family not him.

Also all the people here who say stupid shit like "If random woman comes to me and declares me husbando, I would accept because cute dragon woman" really make me lose faith in humanity.

Dex-chan lover
This might be fiction, but discussing about the moral dilemma is fun (for some of us at least) and make you think outside the box about/lets you see new sides to real life scenarios.

I don't get how people might think, that becoming father in your school time, does not screw up your future plans and will automatically lead to a life of happiness for everyone. (Sorry, if I got that wrong, but it sounded like that.) Founding a family does make the right people happy and they (I believe that's true for the majority of men) wish for one, one day. That is, when you are an established 25+ years old guy. Teen parenthood is...possible, but in most cases not what everyone wishes for.

Above in SHORT: Teen parenthood does block out many options for your future.

Well, MC takes responsibility and that is very commendable. In my book he does everything right. But he is in no obligation to marry a woman, he never actually did want to have children with. Imagine a guy, who meets a fly girl at a party. They want to have fun and she's on the pill, except she isn't. STD aside, maybe she wants kids somehow, no matter the cost, or her ex did a number on her contraceptives to get back at her for leaving him. Our guy becomes father. Okay, he has to take responsibility, even if it's only by paying alimony. The courts will judge that way, where I live here and good! The children are innocent and our guy had fun. But you can't force him into a relationship with a girl, he doesn't really know. No matter if she is an innocent "victim" of the situation or the perpetrator. And if our guy is able to live his life free so far, so is the MC.

Above in SHORT: Courts can force child support, but not love or marriages, which is a good thing.

He is free to date anyone he wants and we all know he will choose the dragon milf anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't he already taking care of the kids? Might as well become a full-on husband.

Users who are viewing this thread