Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 12 Ch. 129 - What Happened to Kenta

back up truck-kun!

i'm really glad, but that sucks, suu's the only one that has been able to semi achieve her dream.

thanks for the hard work!!

Dex-chan lover
@alacaelum It's a Japan thing. I think it has something to do with the way pitching is taught in Japan and mechanics combined with the importance of getting to Koshien leading to overuse and then combine it with the typical Japanese stubborness of not wanting to "burden" others with your problems because of worries of letting others down and thus hiding or powering through injuries and sickness and it leads to pitching injuries being pretty common even in high school. The MC from the series H2 had the same problem and I'm sure it's probably a pretty common trope in baseball manga.

Likely the origin of the mythical Japanese Cold too: people get sick, don't tell anyone or rest, try to power through it and then overwork themselves without ever giving their bodies a chance to get over it and recover properly.

Dex-chan lover
@Suben I had something like that in mind, i know of the Japanese way of thinking in those cases, i can admire it in some cases.

A kid of no more than 16 with talent and promise already having a debilitating injury like that is ridiculous, i know it can happen it is just how life is sometimes, i can even understand why he hides the fact and i dont doubt even in other countries this could happen, teens can be unreasonable and hardheaded in those moments, the one i cant forgive... is the coach really, as an adult, as a professional is it his duty and responsibility to keep an attentive eye on his students' health.

If the manga trope of hardline coaches is at the most only half right it is still too much.

Enjoy.

XDOnM95.png

That Kiyo doesn't even put down the drink from last chapter throughout all this should tell you all you need to know about how she feels about Kenta.

Dex-chan lover
For how much baseball permanently injures manga students, it's a surprise it hasn't been banned in the manga universes.

Goddamn slice of life indeed. Really hits tho after these recent flashback chapters of their friendship and that bread husk

Users who are viewing this thread