Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 15 Ch. 158 - White Ball and White Plates

Dex-chan lover
So, first we had a melodrama about maiko with one-sided crush, and now we have a psychological drama about a former baseball player trying to find his place in life after an injury ended his career? Not that I’m against it, but what about that girl who loved to cook ... what is her name, does anyone remember?

Aggregator gang
This chapter felt kinda empty to me, but it’s still nice. Thanks so much for translating 💕

Wholesome chapter.

This series is what you'd call a true 'slice-of-life' in that it captures the slow passage of time with its daily struggles and whatnot while not being static. It's a weird balance to be sure, but really nice when done right

Dex-chan lover
"food tastes best when served on clean plates"
Agreed, but I don't think the alternative was ever an option. Not if you want to keep open.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly not a fan. I'll put this on hold until it gets a cover that has the original main character in the front, not peeking from the back.

Dex-chan lover
I like how everyone glosses over the actual big happening in this chapter: Riko in a kimono with seemingly longer hair.

Dex-chan lover
I’m excited about Kenta and his journey after baseball. It’s devastating having to start over after being drive toward something for so long, it was his identity in his town I’m sure, so leaving for Kyoto was part of getting away from that identity and maybe the shackles of his past. Yet it’s nice that he brings along the joys he had from baseball, into his new struggles, much like Kiyo who had to shift from Maliki trainee to cook.

I like he's still content with his life. Baseball seemed to have been more of a passion and wasn't a career he was going for.

I luve drawing but my art isn't something i can make a career since i get distracted too easily, maybe in the future, but if not, the job i do now makes me happy enough.

N i think it's like that for him. Like how Ki came for one thing, but what she really wanted was to be with her friend even if it means she isnt a Miako.

Dex-chan lover
@LilMonsterGurlDesi I feel like you calling it just "passion" is like saying he wasn't serious, i really think he wanted to go pro one day.

His satisfaction here is true, i think it is because he is a serious and committed boy to whatever he focuses his mind on, and he is lucky enough to have found something that gives him happiness but at the same time, if you look at the last chapter this happiness comes because he has people rooting for him, he isnt a superhuman that doesn't need people besides himself, having Kiyo and Suu so close helped him overcome his sadness about baseball.

Anyway, i just want these kids to be as happy as it is humanly possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Twit9hSX4 this played while I was reading the chapter. Hope you enjoy ^^

I am here for cute Kiyo, but totally don't mind watching Kenta for a little bit. Every single chapter that allows the comic to continue being made is totally okay with me. Maybe Kenta will come over and Kiyo can give him some cooking lessons, which means more Kiyo!

Also, as much as I like Momohana, we've seen her quite a lot, so focusing on someone else for a bit is a great change of pace.

Users who are viewing this thread