Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 18 Ch. 190 - Senpai and the New Guy

The author has a weird obsession with trying to show off these jobs as something great.
"This place is so shit to work at that everyone quits and I won't bother learning your name because of that" 🤣 Please come in 5am and leave at night.
Yes, Kiyo you have to work 16h day with minimum pay and also you don't get your own place to live. That's mostly true for Sumire as well but at least she's on local TV on occasion and gets to dance for the pleasure of rich old business men.
😍romance😍😍fluff!😍

Dex-chan lover
contrary to below comment, i like it when these jobs are explored. the passion of the people. it makes everyday, you know, everyday?

Dex-chan lover
>Implying the burnt parts aren't the best parts
Kenta has shit taste.
@Neverweeb
Well, it's a SoL manga. Of course it's not gonna show the tough shit of the whole going. Specially so regarding Maiko/Geisha stuff which is what's the manga is arguably shilling.
And to be fair, we don't truly know what's Kiyo's real situation. We have a rough idea of what the road for Maiko to Geisha is like and Kenta's just a normal starting from the bottom of the ladder at a restaurant. Logic says that Kiyo got hired as a proper caterer since she replaced the old one therefore should be being paid in full, but who knows.

new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy new guy

@Colomopri
I like it too. This manga is my comfort read, y'know? There's a lack of romantic development but the fluffiness and the relationship between the childhood leads is honestly something more precious to me than any romance in the world. (though i can't help but worry about their futures even though I'm sure it'll all work out for them)

@Midoriha
hell yeah burnt white rice rules

Fed-Kun's army
Glad to know the people at Kenta's job are all looking out for him.

Senpai needs to fuck off and call people by their proper name. Thats just insanely disrespectful.

Dex-chan lover
Again, the recurring theme is working earnestly with what one is dealt. One character after another does so in this story and in others by this mangaka. No character imagines a Great Pie falling from the Heavens, to which everyone is entitled some comfortable share.

Users who are viewing this thread