Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 24 Ch. 260 - Here, Again

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.

This one is wraps all the flashback chapter very nicely.

Also, who would have thought that hanging laundry swaying in the wind would make a great backdrop for the all-important conversation and climax (perhaps also represent their recent relationship change of having something in between, which has now been moved aside so they now are facing each other). Bravo author.
It being also a callback to Momoko's passion for dance, being where she practiced before she left, is inspired. It could have been a conversation in a hallway, but instead we get the most brief of exchanges with all the emotion of the moment conveyed visually. Really speaks to the power of the medium itself, and the difference between this and literature, giving this a movie-like quality. Yeah I'm gushing, this arc won me over hard.

And now a (albeit google translated) preview of vol 25 from bookwalker
Kiyo, Sumire, and Kenta decide to return to Aomori for the New Year holidays.
Home for the first time in a while. The intensity of the time the three of them spent in Kyoto and the growth they cultivated will be conveyed to their families.
Before returning home, Kenta receives advice from the chef and his senior, and decides to try a certain dish while returning home.
It's the first time they've ever cooked something ``for someone else.''
Volume 25 provides a glimpse into the growth and future of these three people.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe I missed it, but can anyone tell me how much time passed between her becoming the mother for the manor and this reunion? I don't know if they ever gave a concrete amount of time. I know the two are still relatively young as momo is like at peak in her profession and mother is constantly described as being incredibly young by all the other mothers.

I know we've had two full years of the story at this point since the kids came to the manor, if I'm remembering right. So, it would be two years bare minimum.

Just trying to figure out how long these two were estranged.

Users who are viewing this thread