Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 25 Ch. 269 - Grown-up

Dex-chan lover
The sudden urge to search for '' brandy cake recipe'' on google a 12.23 am...

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

When the young one want to become a grown up, n the grown up want to become young again...
XD...

Dex-chan lover
As someone in his 30s that is anything but put together... I say they let their kids do what they want.

Even if they fail, it will be failing to do something they wanted and tried to do, that is an important step in life.

Suu-chan certainly is impressively well put for someone so young... but she wouldn't have gone far without some help, she was lucky to have Kiyo at her side, and that is the thing... if those moms want the best for their kids, they need to be there to help, it will be difficult in some places, there is no way around it... but just the fact their kids want to try something besides the path laid for them is a sign of strength of character.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I say they let their kids do what they want.

Even if they fail, it will be failing to do something they wanted and tried to do, that is an important step in life.
A lot of parents don't know their kids as well as they think they do. Some of them still have that "you're just a baby" mindset where the kid is only interested in something for a few seconds, before moving onto the next thing. I'd even go as far to say some of them don't like the idea of their kid having autonomy (not in an abusive sense, but still viewing them as a baby). So the idea of their kid doing something that doesn't fit their view is unfathomable, and it must mean their child is incapable.

Dex-chan lover
A lot of parents don't know their kids as well as they think they do. Some of them still have that "you're just a baby" mindset where the kid is only interested in something for a few seconds, before moving onto the next thing. I'd even go as far to say some of them don't like the idea of their kid having autonomy (not in an abusive sense, but still viewing them as a baby). So the idea of their kid doing something that doesn't fit their view is unfathomable, and it must mean their child is incapable.
From my experience (I have a 27 year old son) you have to let your kids try, and you have to let your kids fail. The important thing is to be there for them when and if they do fail. Your job as a parent is to cheer them on, to cushion the fall, to give them encouragement for trying in the first place, to urge them to keep trying, and to be ready for when they do it all over again. For some reason many modern parents see any of their kids failures as their own, and they simply won't allow the kids to even try -- to prevent their own bruised egos. This is where helicopter parenting comes from. That kind of thing wrecks kids' self-esteem and makes them totally dependent.

Double-page supporter
I wish there will be arc telling about Suu's parent. I still remember Suu's mom agaist her that she dont even come to Suu's Maiko Ceremony. Then suddenly in this chapter they are in good relationship. I dont understand what happened 😅

Dex-chan lover
I wish there will be arc telling about Suu's parent. I still remember Suu's mom agaist her that she dont even come to Suu's Maiko Ceremony. Then suddenly in this chapter they are in good relationship. I dont understand what happened 😅
there was a chapter where Suu got featured on newspaper/TV iirc? mom might have changed her mind after seeing what Suu has accomplished

Yeah, I wonder about this too. Iirc there's a scene where Sumire reminiscing about her relationship with her mother, but there's no continuation of that.

And tbh this is not the first time the author suddenly take different turn about the character backstory. Like, how the inconsistency when Momoko met Kiyo for the first time and the recent Yuuko-Azusa story.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I imagine she's just had time to change how she feels because of how long Sumire's been working at this. She hasn't crashed and burned, she hasn't given up, she hasn't become miserable. She's been commended in her field. Sometimes there's nothing terribly dramatic to change someones mind.

Time just passes and you think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread