Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - Vol. 15 Ch. 141.7 - Volume 15 Afterword

Dex-chan lover
Cool-sensei is awesome. I love the information that is dropped here.

I have that feeling that Kiyama (fake name) and Takiya are the same individual.

If so, knowing the resemblance between the King from the previous chapter and Kobayashi, that would explain his expression at the end of chapter 119. Maybe he was feeling nostalgic of the time he spent in the other world and watching Kobayashi's face reminded him of that time.

That's probably why he's not that surprised by the existence of dragons, why he likes to maintain his relationship with individuals like Fafnir and could explain his lifestyle as an otaku. He clearly loves fictional works based on fantasy worlds.

...or I'm looking too deep into it and I'm completely off tracks, who knows. I'll wait for what the mangaka cooks next.

More evidence towards "Kiyama is Takiya" theory:

1) In ch133 Telne follows Takiya seemingly simply because she suspects him to be Elma's love interest, but when she confronts him it looks like there's something more to that. We don't see what they say, but Telne first points up (at her missing horn, that was cut off by Kiyama), then Takiya reacts with a surprise and starts apologizing.

2) At the end of the oneshot Kiyama says that if he ever makes a bond like their group had, he'll try to preserve it the same way the King kept their party together. And that's pretty much the role Takiya plays in the story. Like in ch33 he invites everyone to hot springs, and when asked by Fafnir what's his goal, his answer is "To make a comunity". Also in ch119 Elma characterizes him as "like the oil in the cog that makes relationships run smoothly".

More evidence towards "Kiyama is Takiya" theory:

1) In ch133 Telne follows Takiya seemingly simply because she suspects him to be Elma's love interest, but when she confronts him it looks like there's something more to that. We don't see what they say, but Telne first points up (at her missing horn, that was cut off by Kiyama), then Takiya reacts with a surprise and starts apologizing.

2) At the end of the oneshot Kiyama says that if he ever makes a bond like their group had, he'll try to preserve it the same way the King kept their party together. And that's pretty much the role Takiya plays in the story. Like in ch33 he invites everyone to hot springs, and when asked by Fafnir what's his goal, his answer is "To make a comunity". Also in ch119 Elma characterizes him as "like the oil in the cog that makes relationships run smoothly".

Another reason i think the "Kiyama is Takiya" theory is true is because the name"Kiyama" is literally just Ta(kiya Ma)koto -> Kiyama

And the thing the king says to him about "crafting a strong outer image, a mask to connect with others" is basically the same thing Takiya says to Shouta

Last edited:
Group Leader
If so, knowing the resemblance between the King from the previous chapter and Kobayashi, that would explain his expression at the end of chapter 119. Maybe he was feeling nostalgic of the time he spent in the other world and watching Kobayashi's face reminded him of that time.
Naa, this one shot is new, you shouldn't search link with past chapters.

Group Leader
oh so kiyama (kid w/ sword) and makomi (hs mage) are same aged or almost. new ship unlocked
In this panel he's clearly an adult, while she looks the same as in the OS, so no: they live in the same era, but Kiyama is quite older (10-20 years, I guess)
(well, compared to Nanakusha, they're very close :wtf:)

Dex-chan lover
"This story also has connections to the next volume"
I sure hope it's something interesting because my current reaction to this random oneshot is "I don't give a flying fuck about some random bland isekai story even if it's in universe."

Users who are viewing this thread