Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - Vol. 8 Ch. 77 - Kanna and Kimun Kamuy

Dex-chan lover
That was a really cool (huhuhu) chapter, except for one thing: I'm kind of disappointed of the "I can't be her mother because it means I can't be her friend anymore". I think you can be a parent to someone and still be a friend. But, hey, it's just a little "meh" thing in an otherwise good arc, so yeah, I'll let it pass!

Now I wonder if the human asshole will just get his ass kicked or if we're going to see a bit more from him.

Dex-chan lover
@KafukaPalazzo I think she's just worried that once she starts to accept Kanna as a "Mother" to her, she'll start to view Kanna in a different way... dunno how much extent it would be but I think it's around there...

I think she's just want to retain status quo with Kanna... like a big sis and all... besides, I don't think that Kobayashi's that experienced when it comes to parenthood... woman have lived pretty alone by herself.

Dex-chan lover
@KafukaPalazzo You can't be a parent and a friend because a parent has responsability for and autorithy over the children, you can't be a friedn when you have to discipline at the same time.

I think kobayashi is sad because she can never be the real parent of kanna.
Even if kamuy been a scum in the end she still came crying in his arms at the end.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan: And that's where I don't agree. I don't see why you can't have autorithy and responsability over someone and be his friend. I mean, I am friend with my boss, and he have responability and autorithy over me. I'm not saying it's easy, but it's far from impossible.

Dex-chan lover
AAAAAAAAAAAAND COOL SENSEI DELIVERS!!
THE CROWD FLOOD THE ROAD WITH TEARS!!

Supporter
@KafukaPalazzo: It's possible to be both, but it requires... skill? from the person in the position of authority. They need to be able to clearly create a line between them as a friend, and them as an authority figure. Scolding someone in the manner of "I don't like doing this, but as your boss/parent/teacher/etc, I have to do this." And make that clear distinction, otherwise the 2 will overlap too much and your image of that person as a friend will fade into the background, and they'll just turn into a figure of authority.

Your parents can be your friends too, it's just tricky, like Revvex said. It's super mature of Kobayashi to realize she wouldn't make a great parent, so credits to her.

AYO. I ORDERED LIGHT SLICE OF LIFE WITH A SIDE OF COMEDY. WHO THE FUCK GAVE ME SPICY DRAMA WITH GRILLED ACTION?

Users who are viewing this thread