Koi Inu

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly
That's some nice virtue signaling, but Asriel is right, even after 150 chapters. Anyway, I hope calling people "sexist" makes you feel superior.

Group Leader
@Northern Yup, it makes me feel immensely superior! There's nothing like the thrill of pointing out that something that someone's said is sexist, racist, or hate speech of one kind or another. It's a lonely job, but trying to make the world a better place has its own rewards. Oh, and saying, "that's a very sexist point of view" and saying, "you are sexist" are not the same. Those who are sexist spout sexist garbage willy nilly, but someone who is not sexist might happen to say something that can be taken as such. Of course you can substitute "racist" for "sexist" and the same applies. By the way, the only person who I can think of that is more of a pompous git than me is Stephen Fry.

Fed-Kun's army
chapter 154... Man, i really hate this type of MC --' Chiyo deserves better...

Wow, 164 chapters and the only progress is that Igarashi is playing basketball again. Shame on the author and shame on me too >.>

Double-page supporter
I feel so bad for everyone still trapped on this ride, myself included.

though i'm not a fan of the manga, the artist here shows how Long Strip paneling should be done.

Enc

You could rename this to "Everything you should be doing differently in a relationship to not constantly argue with each other"

WTF is this garbage? Where is the character development? You've been in a relationship for this long and still wont be honest to YOUR BOYFRIEND?!?! Dropping this crap. Chiyo is the epitome of terrible female characters.

Fed-Kun's army
It was good at first but now idk.
I praised the MC for at least trying, he does his best for her. I found him gentle. But now I have mix feelings. Idk.

But I guess Author wanted to add drama to give it more attention. It just goes back forth, no progress. Maybe it’ll get better in the future? Who knows? I’m mentally drained atm

I’ll definitely change my review in the future

the male lead was becoming more and more unlikeable so I think he deserves this one. Maybe he'll redeem himself after it

I just really don't know how the both of them can't see that they are toxic to each othe .
She has trust issues that affect the way that she interacts with other people and he has a problem of security
and thinks that just because he is good he deserves everything.
Don't get me wrong the story it's good but it really is tiresome to see a couple like this.
That he doesn't give a f about her feellings really scores home. If he really cared and she stopped acting suspicious
of everything he says maybe their relationship would be different. Or maybe they just need a psychologist i don't know 😟.

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly
Yup, it makes me feel immensely superior! There's nothing like the thrill of pointing out that something that someone's said is sexist, racist, or hate speech of one kind or another. It's a lonely job, but trying to make the world a better place has its own rewards.

Did I take a wrong turn and end up on Twitter or something?

Group Leader
NOTICE: I have received a DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act ) cease publication notification from comicojp, copyright holders of the following webtoons, and will shortly be removing all chapters that I have either uploaded or worked on of the following series from mangadex and fredfriendly.com:

Koi Inu
Amanogawa Ke no Yon Shimai
Koe Koi

Thanks to all who have followed these works, especially Koi Inu which I almost got to scanlate 200 chapters. I'll let y'all know how it eventually ends up, that is, if it ever does end...

I'm always a bit weak for romance when it involves childhood friends when done right, and I suppose at the start I felt like it was going this direction... but then as I saw the number of chapters... and then I get to be reading the story as it progressed... yikes.

Good lord, the chemistry between Igarashi and Chiyo sours well too quick. Igarashi still has some redeemable points as a MC (although he is too dumb and probably too "proud"), but Chiyo...? at points I do sympathize with her and all that jazz (like, the whole thing about the painting contest and people understimating oneself's work), but GOSH, can you... I don't know, trust your bf more??? Be less jealous?? Be less of a jerk? If something that these two need to work on more as a couple is "communication", and they seriously, SERIOUSLY lack that.

I do agree that the author tends to incline to the "just for the sake of drama" side of all of this, but it gets tiring as most of these problems would be resolved by talking the things out with each other (no secrets, listening to each other, more trusting from each side), and PROBABLY having better friends (or at least, more understanding better friends) and meeting better people than them.

Cannot believe there's 200+ chapters and the main couple turns out to be from "okay" to completely unlikeable. Perhaps, "Puppy Love" is simply just the name of the series in the context that these two's relationship is... pretty immature as a childish ideal of a romantic love...? I dunno but I wish it was like that, lol.

Group Leader
As of chapter 214 the urge to drop this travesty of a comic is getting stronger, so strong that if the current direction does not change, I will abandon all hope that the series can be salvaged.
Coco sure knows how to make me hate Chiyo. And it looks like Chiyo has found her new boyfriend. In a few short chapters, Coco is doing her best to make us believe that Ookuma is Chiyo's Knight in Shining Armor and that he is, by comparison, far better boyfriend material than Igarashi could only imagine being. Sad thing is, Chiyo also believes this. She sees Ookuma as a sophisticated, cultured man whereas she sees Igarashi as nothing more than a worthless buffon. I doubt Coco will ever be able to make me like Chiyo again. What could she possibly do to redeem her character?

During chapter 205, in a foiled attempt to talk to Chiyo again in the school cafeteria, he accidentally spills water on her and she exclaims, once again, "I Hate You!"

In the very next chapter, after talking to Youhei where she was comparing Igarashi to him and what a much nicer guy Igarashi would be if he was more like Youhei, she "coincedentally" runs into Ookuma at a book store. She spends the whole next chapter, 207, with him, even going to a coffee shop where he buys her cake. Like the moron she is, she tells him all about Igarashi. At the end of the chapter, Ookuma gives her the business card of his new employment, a bar, and invites her to visit him there. Of course, at home at the beginning of the next chapter, she ponders whether she should visit him or not.

As for Igarashi, during chapter 210 he heads out on a train journey by himself to get his mind straightened out. In chapter 211, Chiyo and her cronies celebrate Christmas Eve by going to karaoke. While walking on her way home alone, she overhears couples being lovey-dovey and has a flashback to when she was with Igarashi. When she gets home, she finds his Warriors t-shirt and convinces herself that she should return it to him just to get rid of it. She goes to Igarashi's place, still holding to the conviction that it's not because she wants to see him but that she's just returning something he left behind. To her consternation (and my great amusement), she was not greeted by Igarashi, but by Shishijima who was staying over at Igarashi's place. He informs her that Igarashi has left on a journey, probably back home, and Chiyo is visibly shocked. Continuing into chapter 211, Shishijima invites Chiyo in (it's finally his chance to get her alone), she refuses and hands over the t-shirt. In the mean time, Igarashi is still on his journey of self-discovery, though he is still contemplating the situation with Chiyo and Subaru.

In chapter 213, two-faced Chiyo has apparently forgotten that she wanted to see Igarashi, and goes to see Ookuma at his workplace, pretending that she's "just killing time." On to chapter 214 and where she's so delighted with the food he serves her that she agrees to go to the movies with him (it's a date, right?), the whole time trying to convince herself that it's perfectly fine since, "Shun is gone and I'm alone, that's why I'm ok with this person and the movie." Really, Chiyo, you're alone because you broke up with Igarashi and told him multiple times that you hate him, right? Face the facts, you're with Ookuma because you want to be. You're still stuck in your Middle School crush.

Group Leader
"It's Not a Date" is the title of chapter 215...
During chapter 215 Chiyo goes on a "not date" with Ookuma to play table tennis.
How come we've never see Chiyo having so much fun with Igarashi? How come we've never seen Chiyo talk to Igarashi so openly and honestly (an in such detail)? Has it been Coco's intention all along to make Chiyo and Ookuma end up together?

A whole chapter goes by and not only does Chiyo not think of Igarashi at all, but, instead, thinks of Youhei as cool boyfriend material. With each new chapter it's getting harder and harder to be interested in whether or not Chiyo and Igarashi end up together since, at this point, I just wish Chiyo and Ookuma would disappear from the story altogether.

Unfortunately, in the end, I do believe they will end up together but Igarashi will be the one apologizing and groveling in a full dogeza, not Chiyo, and she will not tell him about all the fun she was having with Ookuma and all the things they did. Coco really does seem to have it out for the main male character as if this was a reflection of her own miserable love life.

Group Leader
@Yellowflash103
Still here taking the hit for the rest of us.... Sounds like its getting even worse, surprised you can still stand it.

If I didn't already have almost 7,000 comico coins (enough for 135 more chapters), I probably wouldn't be buying new coins as it just doesn't seem worth it anymore. I don't want Igarashi to end up with Chiyo in the end, regardless of what assinine hoops she tries to make him jump through to get back in her good graces. He deserves someone who loves him for who he is, not what she wants him to be, someone who is open and honest with him like he is with her, someone who has faith and trust in him and, more importantly, someone loyal, of which none of these characteristics can be applied to Chiyo.

Users who are viewing this thread