Koi wa Hikari

Dex-chan lover
@-musouka- Ok, I tried looking up spoilers after your comment, but I got basically nothing. All I got was people comparing it to....a certain velocity.

Mind spoiling it for me? I really don't mind.

I had to look up that one word that youkari wrote on page 1.
After reading what Osananajimi means I assume that the childhood friend from the won't win. But to be fair, that isn't unexpected. Mostly these rules apply to romance manga/anime:
Rule 1: Childhoodfriend never wins. At least in like 95% of the cases.
Rule 2: If you have a love-triangle situation, in most cases the first girl that was introduced wins.
Rule 3: The further apart two characters are in the beginning (they hate each other, she is a "tsundere"-character), the likelyhood of her winning a love-triangle increases.

So yeah, if that really is the outcome, then I can't say that it would surprise me.
Manga that deviate from the three rules are rather rare.

i looked it up the manga actually consists of 42 chapters. cant find anywhere other scantranslations. does anyone know where i can read the remaining chapters?

Nowhere since nobody translated them so far. And it looks like this manga isn't that high on Chaotic Scan priority list either. Or at least not anymore.
And they went on a temporary hiatus. But fingers crossed that they will return some day.

b58

Double-page supporter
Comments are back! I just want to say, thank you for scanlating this through to the end - I think this was an unusual manga in a lot of ways but I enjoyed it overall, and I'm glad that I got to see its conclusion. I think the final resolution makes total sense too.

Group Leader
Everybody, go watch the live action movie! You won't regret it. Even 6 years after finishing the manga, I needed this for my soul.

VIP
anyone that read this, can anyone explain why the childhood friend didn't sparkle? i don't mind spoiler, i just felt some bullshit about to happen.

Dex-chan lover
I had to look up that one word that youkari wrote on page 1.
After reading what Osananajimi means I assume that the childhood friend from the won't win. But to be fair, that isn't unexpected. Mostly these rules apply to romance manga/anime:
Rule 1: Childhoodfriend never wins. At least in like 95% of the cases.
Rule 2: If you have a love-triangle situation, in most cases the first girl that was introduced wins.
Rule 3: The further apart two characters are in the beginning (they hate each other, she is a "tsundere"-character), the likelyhood of her winning a love-triangle increases.

So yeah, if that really is the outcome, then I can't say that it would surprise me.
Manga that deviate from the three rules are rather rare.
That is my expectation reading this too. I love Kitashiro, but my gut feeling after spending 2+ yrs reading nothing but romance just tells me "yeah she gonna lose for sure". I'm not mad tbh, just dissapointed.

Dex-chan lover
anyone that read this, can anyone explain why the childhood friend didn't sparkle? i don't mind spoiler, i just felt some bullshit about to happen.
The light that the MC see represent "instinctual love", or the natural love of a woman towards someone, and the desire to be loved back. but Kitashiro's love for him is "logical love", as she is willing to put his happiness above hers, so he can't see anything coming from her.
Or at least, that's my interpretation, don't dig me too much, I'm pretty confused myself.

My interpretation of "love" presented in the story is that, rather than calling them "instinctual" and "logical", the terms "selfish" and "selfless" love should be more logical terms. The two characters able to see lights that represent love can do so because they subconciously looked for what they missed in their childhood. In the case of the JK, she was able to see lights representing "selfless love" since her mother, a narcissist, drown her with "selfish love", loving her only because the mother want to be loved back, so the JK instinctually seek "selfless love" as a result. Our MC, on the other hand, never received either kinds of love from his mother or his family, but since Kitashiro, who was with him since their childhood, gave him her "selfless love", the kind of love that place your loved one's happiness above one's own happiness, so he was only starved of "selfish love" and grew up seeking them. (Goddamn after writing all of this I feel even more pitiful for Kitashiro)

Last edited:
aww man, that final hurts..... i feel like shit right now but someway is realistic(?)

Supporter
This is manga is well written and characters are rather endearing, but love triangles like this bore me to tears. I don't see the point in spending hours reading something to, in the end, leave the characters mostly unhappy for the most part. There are enough reasons to be frustrated in real life to avoid getting there when reading.

It's a crime what the author did to kitashuro, she was punished for being too good.

Users who are viewing this thread