Koibami Shoujo - Ch. 4 - A Monday With Tsukimori Mamori

Dex-chan lover
This chapter just made it even more bizarre that the last girl was just straight up revealed to be a love eater. Isn’t one of the main appeals of a series like this supposed to be the guessing game?

I can only assume she was revealed to be a love eater because her starting to fall in love with him is some ‘key’ for later in the story. Idk, to me it feels like the author jumped the gun a bit.

This chapter just made it even more bizarre that the last girl was just straight up revealed to be a love eater. Isn’t one of the main appeals of a series like this supposed to be the guessing game?

I can only assume she was revealed to be a love eater because her starting to fall in love with him is some ‘key’ for later in the story. Idk, to me it feels like the author jumped the gun a bit.
I think it's a pretty good move. Given that she was the first introduced and the last one to confess. As well as the one who got the first date. It was beginning to look like she's the main girl, the one who's gonna end up being the genuine one.

Revealing that she's a love eater now would throw that possibility out the window and force us to look at the 4 girls that had less presence in chapter 1.

Although, I do believe that the author will make that revealed love eater the winning girl.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's a pretty good move. Given that she was the first introduced and the last one to confess. As well as the one who got the first date. It was beginning to look like she's the main girl, the one who's gonna end up being the genuine one.

Revealing that she's a love eater now would throw that possibility out the window and force us to look at the 4 girls that had less presence in chapter 1.

Although, I do believe that the author will make that revealed love eater the winning girl.
I get what you’re saying, but to me it’s still WAY too early to do a reveal like that. There’s only been four chapters and we already have confirmation who one of the love eaters is. The author should have waited until all the girls had their first date at the very least.

Dex-chan lover
Very interesting manga, I like that they revealed the first love eater (actually the one I liked the most on her introduction) so early as well, it adds an interesting spanner to things. I'd like for the series to focus more so on the nature of love eaters, why do they exist, stuff like that, and probably pull the biology teacher into a more central mentor role, trying to figure the love eaters out.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes you need to throw the whole harem away, MC.

This is one of those cases.
honestly my exact thought too. Just ignore all of them, and go about your life as it was.

Though, in a world with these love eaters, and assuming he continues to never experience that first love, he likely will continue to attract their appetite well into adulthood.

Dex-chan lover
I get what you’re saying, but to me it’s still WAY too early to do a reveal like that. There’s only been four chapters and we already have confirmation who one of the love eaters is. The author should have waited until all the girls had their first date at the very least.
hm... as for me, i'm fine with that. I mean, if the author not revealed her (the first girl), then we readers would assume that there's no such thing as "Love Eater", and all of this just the MC imagination.

Dex-chan lover
hm... as for me, i'm fine with that. I mean, if the author not revealed her (the first girl), then we readers would assume that there's no such thing as "Love Eater", and all of this just the MC imagination.
I don’t know why you’d jump to that conclusion so quickly. We’re not even 5 chapters in, so if the first girl wasn’t revealed yet, there’d be no reason to assume love eaters were or weren’t real.

Besides, stringing the MC along and leaving clues/red herrings all over the place, then revealing in the end that love eaters were never real would have been a great twist.

For me, revealing that love eaters are real, and that one of the girls definitely is one so early takes away from the mystery and intrigue, making the story immediately less interesting.

To me it feels like revealing this early means its completely possible for the love eater to be the end game girl.

First off, what do we really know about the love eaters. Are we going to 100% believe or think what the professor said in Ch1 is completely true.

Second what if love eaters truly fall in love? I think the previous chapter with the girl showing hints of emotion is a clue for this.

Theres plenty to speculate about. And honestly removing the guessing game of who the “real girl” is just takes the veil off one mystery. IMO I prefer it this way as it becomes less of a Quintuplet clone.

I don’t know why you’d jump to that conclusion so quickly. We’re not even 5 chapters in, so if the first girl wasn’t revealed yet, there’d be no reason to assume love eaters were or weren’t real.

Besides, stringing the MC along and leaving clues/red herrings all over the place, then revealing in the end that love eaters were never real would have been a great twist.

For me, revealing that love eaters are real, and that one of the girls definitely is one so early takes away from the mystery and intrigue, making the story immediately less interesting.

Its a possibility that the author is letting a love eater be the end game girl. What happens if a love eater truly falls in love? Thats what we see in the previous chapter with the girl blushing and showing some emotion at the end.

Honestly removing the “mystery girl” is what I prefer. The “mystery girl” is guaranteed to be the end girl and it just becomes another Quintuiplet clone.

Dex-chan lover
Its a possibility that the author is letting a love eater be the end game girl. What happens if a love eater truly falls in love? Thats what we see in the previous chapter with the girl blushing and showing some emotion at the end.

Honestly removing the “mystery girl” is what I prefer. The “mystery girl” is guaranteed to be the end girl and it just becomes another Quintuiplet clone.
Dude, there is no singular 'mystery girl.' There are four love eaters and only ONE regular girl, among the five that confessed to him. The point of this story SHOULD have been the MC trying to find clues to who the four love eaters are and finding out who the normal girl who confessed to him is. The mystery is supposed to be one of the main draws. But, if you already know who one of the love eaters is damn near immediately it takes away from the intrigue and guessing game, turning the story into a fairly standard rom-com.

"First off, what do we really know about the love eaters. Are we going to 100% believe or think what the professor said in Ch1 is completely true."

Yes, in fact, it apparently is true because the first love eater literally confirms what the professor said.

"Second what if love eaters truly fall in love? I think the previous chapter with the girl showing hints of emotion is a clue for this."

I can only guess the main premise now is going to be that the MC 'defeats' the love eaters by making them fall in love with him. Which again, is a pretty generic and boring premise when it comes to rom-coms. Defeating your enemy by making them fall in love with you is nothing new and not very interesting.

Last edited:
Dude, there is no singular 'mystery girl.' There are four love eaters and only ONE regular girl, among the five that confessed to him. The point of this story SHOULD have been the MC trying to find clues to who the four love eaters are and finding out who the normal girl who confessed to him is. The mystery is supposed to be one of the main draws. But, if you already know who one of the love eaters is damn near immediately it takes away from the intrigue and guessing game, turning the story into a fairly standard rom-com.

"First off, what do we really know about the love eaters. Are we going to 100% believe or think what the professor said in Ch1 is completely true."

Yes, in fact, it apparently is true because the first love eater literally confirms what the professor said.

"Second what if love eaters truly fall in love? I think the previous chapter with the girl showing hints of emotion is a clue for this."

I can only guess the main premise now is going to be that the MC 'defeats' the love eaters by making them fall in love with him. Which again, is a pretty generic and boring premise when it comes to rom-coms. Defeating your enemy by making them fall in love with you is nothing new and not very interesting.

The fact the professor was already wrong about the split tongues already disproves everything you and the professor said :ROFLMAO:

Have fun reading!

Dex-chan lover
The fact the professor was already wrong about the split tongues already disproves everything you and the professor said :ROFLMAO:
Huh??????????????????????????????
59badf42f52eb034d7c297a84ac0a951.webp

Page 18 of chapter 3, the first love eater literally has a split tongue, so the professor was right. Bro, are you reading this series with your eyes closed?

Dex-chan lover

I think like most romcoms with an interesting premise, it's going to be ditched for staple romcom stuff. Picture "my harem where I made 4 love eaters fall in love with me" where the twist is there's actually 5 love eaters.

I think that's where this is going. Which is a shame because the original plot would've been really interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread