Koibami Shoujo - Ch. 6 - A Tuesday With Hino Gaburi

Dex-chan lover
MC thinking

giphy.gif

For those wanting to read the raws, you can find it on Sunday Webry. (サンデーうぇぶり)

Dex-chan lover
It’s interesting to me how the author is making this story not a generic or make things predictable. Like I wasn’t expecting him to go on the date & that she was going to be aggressively pursuing him until something happened to her that would remove her from the story. Plus I love how after the reveal & throughout the chapter, you can see her split tongue. Wonder if the weirdos are either hunters or victims (possibly relatives) out for revenge. Thanks for the translations.

Supporter
I would like to apologize to this series, i got annoyed by the early reveal thinking the Author was clueless to Mystery but the twists so far have been pretty good nome of what happened so far was something i expected (besides him making the Monsters Love him that one was sadly predictable)

Dex-chan lover
The most unpredictable series lol
Its actually ridiculously predictable. Author totally killed any horror/mystery already in favor of a generic rom-com.

Here's a prediction. Every girl is a love eater, the professor was wrong on the count. There is no girl who loves him for him, but each girl falls in love with him anyways as a love eater, and some forced plot point will make it so love eaters aren't ACTUALLY monsters and don't really devour love or some shit. Or it'll completely ignore the fact that they've literally consumed people's feelings of love forever.

It'll become quintessential quintuplets with a monster twist we aren't actually going to use.

Double-page supporter
Its actually ridiculously predictable. Author totally killed any horror/mystery already in favor of a generic rom-com.

Here's a prediction. Every girl is a love eater, the professor was wrong on the count. There is no girl who loves him for him, but each girl falls in love with him anyways as a love eater, and some forced plot point will make it so love eaters aren't ACTUALLY monsters and don't really devour love or some shit. Or it'll completely ignore the fact that they've literally consumed people's feelings of love forever.

It'll become quintessential quintuplets with a monster twist we aren't actually going to use.
i'm gonna cry if this becomes that predictable, but i'll still read it cuz god damnit i love me my cheap romcom harem

Fed-Kun's army
i want to like this but the MC`s logic BS come across as retarded and forced for plot sake, the girl Literally knocked down a guy with a kiss proving that the love-eater threat is real and yet the mc thinks he needs more info and goes on a date with her, thats beyonf stupid. "the monster ate a guy in front of me but i need more info to see if is really dangerous" apply that logic to any other scenario and see how stupid it is. the rest as predictable as any other plot, the power of kindness and passive male behavior sprinkled with shyness conquers the hearts of the monsters girls. the art is great btw.

it would be way more interesting if a group of people were after the love-eaters for revenge in behalf of their prior victims, but it wont happen at least not like it should, sometimes i would like a bit of simply realistic behavior in the world building of this mangas, other times i would like them to go full warhammer 40k but thats just me.

Dex-chan lover
'10 to 14', hm doesn't that mean they can more or less live like normal and the 'feelings of love' is more like 'dessert' to them rather than like a succubus who would 'need' it, tho other than some puppy love/love at first sight/young crush kinda thing i imagine it'd take a long time to get someone to fall in love

I'm still trying to find a difference between 'love eaters' and regular women...other than the tongue, that is.
I mean most guys don't become emotionless husks after a bad breakup, even if they need time, they move on eventually versus their 'life ruined' by something like childsupport/crippling debt lol

surprised that isn't addressed more versus them simply them turning 'asexual' or so, b/c other than ppl just chalking it up to them being depressed or suddenly becoming a shut in i think it'd be noticeable if a handful of ppl who just suddenly change overnight (b/c depending on how 'empty' they act/much of a husk they are it might be more of a mercy to just kill them)

Dex-chan lover
If she's 'normal', i can imagine it being a pain to compete with 4 other girls; if she's also a Love-Eater, i wouldn't be surprised if they can 'instinctual' detect each other or have 'territories' or just avoid dealing with competition
Yeah she's probably dealt with the others before and is like "nawh even a first love isn't worth this headache."

Dex-chan lover
So her mother is also a love eater and told Gabu she was one too before she even awakened?
Calling it, love eaters true goal is to find someone they can settle with so they can procreate, maybe by eating their love emotions after they have been replaced by affection? :meguupog:

Dex-chan lover
i'm surprised there's not some thriller/psych tag yet, even if it's not 'all in his head', there is a psychological aspect of him having a fear of girls to it being beyond 'socially awkward'

Interesting love eaters seem to be only women, wonder how the diff it'd be if there were some gay targets since bl + horror is something that's occasionally touched upon but not as much of a crossover lol
Yeah she's probably dealt with the others before and is like "nawh even a first love isn't worth this headache."
Yeah plus, legality aside, other than letting someone age like 'wine', it feels like it'd be easier to just try to bat your eyelashes to some kid who's just hitting puberty or so (although i guess you need to kiss/physical context even if you don't hop in bed with them but i'm sure there's ways to get into a private space alone versus openly do it to where other ppl see)
So her mother is also a love eater and told Gabu she was one too before she even awakened?
Calling it, love eaters true goal is to find someone they can settle with so they can procreate, maybe by eating their love emotions after they have been replaced by affection? :meguupog:
lol wonder how they reproduce, unless they can just hook up with someone who only lusts after them or so XD if not "the stronger the love towards you is, the more potential it has with you being pregnant"

makes me wonder if there are 'variations' that could steal love even if not aimed at them, does sound like its own horror story, stealing someone's affection of love away or so as a curse

Users who are viewing this thread