Koibito Ijou no Koto wo, Kanojo Janai Kimi to - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Hmm interesting, in my opinion kinda new, well that is if they don't date, but we all know they will but still pretty interesting.

Dex-chan lover
This is giving me a seriously uneasy feeling.

Ntr garbage as fucking traumatized me cause all i can see here is one hellish setup to having him get cucked and her being forced into a putrid relationship with a man she hates

Dex-chan lover
I agree with everyone else that this mentality isn't the way to go but I don't think it's all doom and gloom. I think this is just a natural thing that all young adults go through(they're only 24 so college wasn't even that long ago). Real life piles up and compounds and gets in the way when you don't want it to because time doesn't just stop when it gets too much. So I can't blame her for acting and feeling this way. However where the problems of them letting it fester and drifting apart caused them to break up the obvious play here is to eventually let it be solved together as a couple. Sharing the burden and load and helping the other is what a relationship is all about as well. They already illustrated they can do that with the little things (like the eye mask and playing games) but the larger stuff will take some time. Very curious to see how this goes.

Dex-chan lover
Especially when you consider Japan's culture have always needing the perfect image, I could imagine it being absolutely suffocating.
That would make this manga more of an escape fantasy In that regard, which piques my interest as someone obviously outside of that culture.

Dex-chan lover
Especially when you consider Japan's culture have always needing the perfect image, I could imagine it being absolutely suffocating.
Other than the hyperbole, I agree; but I think there is more to this than saving face. I've tried for a few minutes to express what I mean, but I'm limited in clear language to do so. I think there is more here than status and pride, anyway.

Dex-chan lover
What'a her reasoning? Something tells me something happened to her (rape/sexual assault) or is going to happen to her (forced marriage or sickness).
Someone said in yhe first chapter something about her father be an asshole. Just easier to find the comment in chapter 1
she from " old type family " and for her father... she just some tools ...and he want force her to married with some old man

Reminds me about the song Non-breath Oblige, suffocating in society's expectations.

Dex-chan lover
I might be getting my mangas messed up, but from what I understand it was a right person wrong time situation. Also it looks like if they do end up in that type of relationship it will be because the mc changed. At least where I think it’s heading.
The way I think the story should go I doubt it would. They'll probably retry the relationship after whatever issue the girl is dealing with is resolved or mostly dealt with.

A story focusing on a guy bettering himself for himself after a breakup or wanting to do more in his life instead of indulging the wishes of the ex because "she was the one" is not what I should be looking for here but I digress.

I find these get back together with your ex because the timing was wrong or some other bullshit just really dumb.

The way I think the story should go I doubt it would. They'll probably retry the relationship after whatever issue the girl is dealing with is resolved or mostly dealt with.

A story focusing on a guy bettering himself for himself after a breakup or wanting to do more in his life instead of indulging the wishes of the ex because "she was the one" is not what I should be looking for here but I digress.

I find these get back together with your ex because the timing was wrong or some other bullshit just really dumb.
I partly agree with you, I think it would be cool if this is a story of both them bettering themselves. But I also having the same feeling you have of it being one sided betterment.

I haven’t read a lot of the “getting back with ex” mangas (the only other one being the time travel one), so I haven’t decided if I like this trope or not yet. So far I’m leading on your opinion, but that depends on how this one turns out.

Dex-chan lover
If only it could be that easy buddy. The past will eat you alive

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly idk why he even wants to get back together. Relationship already failed just be friends with benefits and date other girls. You're wasting your time trying to recapture what is gone.

sometimes its just a matter of timing and not being mature enough at the time, humans are changing constantly within their environment.

unless it ended through a manner of abuse or cheating sometimes a second try is worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread