Koibito Tutorial - Oneshot

Double-page supporter
This makes me wanna sack every couples in my classroom. in so lonely and my highschool days are almost over Ahhhhh

Dex-chan lover
This should become a series that goes over the tribulations of being in love. It was sweet.

Dex-chan lover
It's cute, and sweet, and my blood boiled for a moment there
what a rollercoaster of emotions

Dex-chan lover
I seriously don't get his train of thought. Asahi was clearly faking her injury, signaling that she doesn't want to end their fake relationship, and he obviously didn't want it either, so why was his solution ending it instead of just saying "Let's make it real then"? That's clearly a moronic idea - if you're ending the relationship anyway, why not risk it and ask for a real one? There's nothing to lose.
I hate it because it makes it seem like MC just spontaneously decided to end their relationship without thinking it through beforehand. Are you telling me that between the PE class, where the possibility of faking the injury was first implied, the phone call, and their date, he didn't think about this at all? Did they just warp, not giving him enough time? Bullshit, he'd have a lot of time to think about it and figure out that he doesn't want them to break up. And the reasoning the author makes him give?
I didn't notice it 'till now, but I was scared of it, that's why I was running away.
Seriously? He was scared and running away, but he had enough courage to break up with her? If he was truly running away from it, wouldn't not mentioning it and continuing their relationship make more sense? Maintaining status quo in a situation like this is a perfect example of running away from change out of fear. Well, but it wouldn't work with the shitty trope mentioned below.

Yes, I can't believe that a one shot had a fucking "race for your love" ending, which I consider to be used when the author has no clue how to write a proper romcom ending.
But "race for your love" makes the ending more emotional!
HOW? The first few "races" I saw actually tugged at my heartstrings, but now every time I see it used I just sigh and start flipping through the pages, because every single one of them is the same. It's not emotional for me at all, it just seems incredibly cheap.

As mentioned before, normally, I consider using the "race for your love" as synonymous with admitting to a complete lack of ideas for a proper manga ending, but this isn't the case this time! This time, the author was aiming for it from the start, since the whole concept of this one shot was falling in love in a fake relationship (which is a trope by itself too at this point), which the author really wanted to result in drama. So the whole one shot was pretty much a slideshow of cheap tropes, resulting in something that could be called a generic romcom blueprint.

And the worst part? The execution is really not that bad, and because of it, I hate it even more, since I feel like the author could do a lot better if they tried.

TLDR: Man rants about his hate of "race for your love" trope, the irrationality of MC's decisions, and overall lack of originality in this one shot.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I like how instead of enjoying this there's likely grown adults judging why fictional teenagers are acting irrational and dumb

why are people like this

Dex-chan lover
A really trully beautiful and innocent youth love manga.

Thanks for the bringing this to us TL :)

Users who are viewing this thread