Koisuru (Otome) no Tsukurikata - Vol. 5 Ch. 45

Double-page supporter
Considering the last few chapters, I can easily see why this had the whole Trans debacle. This is very EASILY construed as a trans coming out, that said, how the author handles the rest of the story will make or break that, and tbh considering the bonus chapter about Hiura looking ecstatic about the fake breasts, I feel like it just being 2 dudes in love comes into question, Midou's "What if Hiura was a Girl" is also (personally) extremely suspect and, from my reading experience, is a cornerstone of most Genderbend/Trans stories.

Pure batshit speculation here but; I could see a plot twist where Hiura's parents are both Trans but Hiura never knew/mistook things they said as negativity instead of however they intended.

Idk, something about how this was meant to be a story about 2 dudes feels like the author somehow stumbled into writing a Trans-coded plot on accident...
Either way, I hope they get together, cute is cute.

Dex-chan lover
Considering the last few chapters, I can easily see why this had the whole Trans debacle. This is very EASILY construed as a trans coming out, that said, how the author handles the rest of the story will make or break that, and tbh considering the bonus chapter about Hiura looking ecstatic about the fake breasts, I feel like it just being 2 dudes in love comes into question, Midou's "What if Hiura was a Girl" is also (personally) extremely suspect and, from my reading experience, is a cornerstone of most Genderbend/Trans stories.

Pure batshit speculation here but; I could see a plot twist where Hiura's parents are both Trans but Hiura never knew/mistook things they said as negativity instead of however they intended.

Idk, something about how this was meant to be a story about 2 dudes feels like the author somehow stumbled into writing a Trans-coded plot on accident...
I mean, the most I can confidently say is that it's an allegory for it, whether intentionally or not, and I can understand people relating to it, but making a hardline change to the script like what happened is too far. Maybe the author intended for Hiura to be a femboy solely in the interest of wooing his crush, or maybe Hiura is trans, or maybe the whole story is a trans allegory. Either way, it not being stated in the script was the author's choice so choosing one of these interpretations and putting it in the title and script was a really bad decision that I strongly disagreed with.

I'm personally in the first camp with a bit of the third being unintentional on the author's part. I don't think Hiura would have really gone this route if Midou wasn't infatuated with his appearance with make-up, so to me my interpretation has been it's a means to an end, and a reason to come out of his shell. He's happy because his cross-dressing was a gateway to a healthier social life and brings him closer to his romantic goals, not necessarily because it has to do with him feeling more comfortable with his identity.

Dex-chan lover

I agree that the story is pretty trans-coded. But I’d say that it’s just partly because there’s a lot of similarities between femboys and trans girls, and Hiura’s been kind of straddling that line. I could really see this going either way.

Now, Hiura’s parents both being trans is a wild prediction, lol. I cannot see that happening, but it would be pretty funny if you were correct on this.

Aggregator gang
I've always read it as Hiura not being trans. At minimum, he doesn't see himself as trans. If this becomes a trans self discovery thing, then cool, but that's one of the many complicated feelings that has to be worked out.
For now, he sees himself as a crossdressing guy, with a number of feminine tastes, and that's what I'll see him as until his views change.

Users who are viewing this thread