Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Ch. 391 - Kawai-san 3

Dex-chan lover
What I hope is over is people asking if this arc is over. ffs
because its mid, just like Rumiko arc(which is now the progress is stopped with the football dude). I get it that the main thing in this manga was Komi to have 100 friends but, author san was enthusiastic about it and now the story progress is choking and just taking long, i personally would just read their progress as a couple than introducing another side character and tryna squeeze it through with them having a love interest inside that circle.
but, each to their own. still a good read.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Damn, roasted by your own peers, but they still stick around because they like you. Good ending, I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I like when Kawai admitted her defeat. It showed that she knows when to give up. And while her backstory is sad, it comes too late in my opinion.

The two love rivalries that we have gotten, were totally different: While you didn't know if Tadano would date Komi or Rumiko, with Kawai it was clear that she didn't stand a chance with Tadano at that point. The only one who didn't get the memo was Kawai.

It is a shame that Tadano is kept on the sidelines in both cases until the very end though. Two love rivalries is kind of overkill tbh.

The rivalry between Komi and Rumiko: a 8/10 (made me cry)
The rivalry between Komi and Kawai: a 5/10

I just realized the aftermath of the rivalries is pretty similar: both go to Komi-sans house
But still even in the first love rivalries i know who will win at the end even if tadano choose rumiko in the future tadano will choose komi eventually that's why i think sometimes (not oftern) the title ruined the plot if there's a rivalry involves.

But i like what the mangaka doing in this situation where both the mc and the rival handled it though a little bit immature but still sensible and reasonable in the end. A subtle hint of that immaturity gives a whole lot of immersion considering their age. So i love that the mangaka doesn't chose to give the characters a level of maturity that doesn't fit their age. But i agree with you sidelining tadano make its less interesting.

Dex-chan lover
because its mid, just like Rumiko arc(which is now the progress is stopped with the football dude). I get it that the main thing in this manga was Komi to have 100 friends but, author san was enthusiastic about it and now the story progress is choking and just taking long, i personally would just read their progress as a couple than introducing another side character and tryna squeeze it through with them having a love interest inside that circle.
but, each to their own. still a good read.
I agree, with all of that. But it'll still be nice to not hear people moan about it.

Dex-chan lover
But still even in the first love rivalries i know who will win at the end even if tadano choose rumiko in the future tadano will choose komi eventually that's why i think sometimes (not oftern) the title ruined the plot if there's a rivalry involves.
I totally get you. In this case, Rumiko and Kawai didn't really stand a chance because Komi had an obviously headstart because she and Tadano had a good relationship from the start.

But two love rivalries in same the manga didn't really work in my opinion. I felt like if Kawai and Komi had a rivalry from for before Komi and Tadano would have started to date, it would have a bigger impact.

The rivalry between Komi and Kawai is already weakner because they did it with Rumiko and Komi. But Kawai and Komi would had a bigger impact if it was the only one.
But i like what the mangaka doing in this situation where both the mc and the rival handled it though a little bit immature but still sensible and reasonable in the end. A subtle hint of that immaturity gives a whole lot of immersion considering their age. So i love that the mangaka doesn't chose to give the characters a level of maturity that doesn't fit their age.
True, true. They kind of all act like they should for their age. Though Tadano was surprisingly mature with Kawai and didn't even hate her for breaking his heart.
But i agree with you sidelining tadano make its less interesting.
I know right. Tadano is more the prize than the character in these rivalries.

Double-page supporter
I don't get why people hate this arc. Getting a character as retarded as Rani is the best thing that happened to this manga in a long time.

Dex-chan lover
"I don't even know youur names." .....whoaaa.. That's beyond airhead. If she knows them for more than a few months, that's really hurtful.

And then page 15 (We can't link to pictures nor pages mid-chapter on Mangadex anymore? That's a bugger.) is devestating. Your major loveinterest and his girlfriend literally smiling down on you in sympathy, because your only friends (you don't even consider that close) called you kinda stupid, but at least there is somebody, who wants to hang with you. "How cute." (Remember: The hurt is still fresh and real. Tadano just turned her down seconds ago by telling her his feelings back in middle school then haven't been the real deal, but misguided by brokenbird syndrome.)
From that page on, the story could have (and maybe should have) taken a turn for the worse. But oh well.

Kawai might have done all that for getting a piece of that sweet, sweet Tadano, but she did it all out of her own strength. Bettered her life on her own. I have to respect that. And she herself should take notice, that she is strong enough to live without Tanado, strong enough to quit the stalking, long enough - that arc rough enough, to know she should let go

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why people hate this arc. Getting a character as retarded as Rani is the best thing that happened to this manga in a long time.
Hate is a big word. I think more of it as useless in a way. I guess we differ on Kawai lol.
Because it's interrupting what little romantic progress the two main characters are making for the sake of someone retarded.
Lol. I don't see her as retarded,more as only focused on her goal and forgetting everything and everyone else.
Someone must have paid the mangaka to put her in this manga
Is she that bad lol? I think she just came on the wrong moment. They should have switched Kawai and Rumiko's love rivalries. First Kawai,then Rumiko's.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad that the War for Tadano has ended like this, and didn't sprawl out for a whole school year. Considering that Kawai came in like Avril Lavigne when Tadano and Komi were already going out (even if their relationship is moving at a glacial pace), she didn't really have a chance like Manbagi did, so good choice, Oda-sama.
Less-good of a choice is to just drop Kawai's tragic backstory at the start of the chapter like this. Very jarring just to jump in like that compared to the rest of the manga, though for ending the War for Tadano, it makes enough sense. Her not paying attention to her friends because she's so dedicated to Tadano makes me think there might be another Stalker arc, but that could just be my mind not being completely put together.

Group Leader
First time in years that the english scan surpassed the brazillian one

Users who are viewing this thread