Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Ch. 391 - Kawai-san 3

Dex-chan lover
Ok, at least it is better than "He lent me a toy"

And, who on earth is going to run 20km in the middle of the night without getting caught by police?
Police is going to stop you before you are even halfway.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, other than Kawai being presented as hopeless rival, she's handled pretty much like many other Komi-friends, although with more screen time. The flaws she has are more hidden, so it's not surprising people missed them, but that's still something she needs to overcome herself. "Herself" in this case meaning with help from others, contrary to her previous methodology.

Seriously. 20km is no joke.
Yeah, it's half a marathon. Though if it was half that distance I'd walk if I had to wait more than one hour for a train. And maybe catch it on a station where I don't have to wait so long if I don't feel like walking more.

Dex-chan lover
I totally get you. In this case, Rumiko and Kawai didn't really stand a chance because Komi had an obviously headstart because she and Tadano had a good relationship from the start.

But two love rivalries in same the manga didn't really work in my opinion. I felt like if Kawai and Komi had a rivalry from for before Komi and Tadano would have started to date, it would have a bigger impact.

The rivalry between Komi and Kawai is already weakner because they did it with Rumiko and Komi. But Kawai and Komi would had a bigger impact if it was the only one.

True, true. They kind of all act like they should for their age. Though Tadano was surprisingly mature with Kawai and didn't even hate her for breaking his heart.

I know right. Tadano is more the prize than the character in these rivalries.
Also, the whole Kawaii always loved Tadano was kind of... A**pulled

Double-page supporter
We got another woman down! I repeat: woman down!

Even if these were all just exposition dumps that didn't have prior presence in the plot, it's still really sad. To lose everything you've worked your whole life for. This is just like the case with the MC of a currently ongoing anime. The difference being Kawai was able to immediately recover, which is quite a relief.

Looking forward to see how she deals with the pain going forward. Like how Rumiko is still pretty bitter about her loss.

Dex-chan lover
the chapter ended like an anime opening

the real tadano bowl were the friends she made along the way

Dex-chan lover
We got another woman down! I repeat: woman down!

Even if these were all just exposition dumps that didn't have prior presence in the plot, it's still really sad. To lose everything you've worked your whole life for. This is just like the case with the MC of a currently ongoing anime. The difference being Kawai was able to immediately recover, which is quite a relief.

Looking forward to see how she deals with the pain going forward. Like how Rumiko is still pretty bitter about her loss.
which anime?

Glad the comments are finally working on this site, even if there's a bit of drama around if people like this arc or not, it's still cool to see other people's thoughts about this manga and others.

Dex-chan lover
Glad the comments are finally working on this site, even if there's a bit of drama around if people like this arc or not, it's still cool to see other people's thoughts about this manga and others.
I know right. It is okay to have different opinions on these manga,that is the point of discussing these chapters and it is lots of fun!

Dex-chan lover
72q1vdM.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
It's more like... It's seems it was never planned you know? Like he did it just to throw a random drama
You mean it felt like he left Kawai mysteriously out of the story except for Tadano's backstory where she was vaguely mentioned and then suddenly remembers she exists and proceeds to use her again after half of the viewers forgot she existed?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Also, the whole Kawaii always loved Tadano was kind of... A**pulled
Yeah, at this point if he really wanted to add her to the story as a love rival, just make her fall for him now or something.

Personally I hope this was the last love rival in this story because she was already unnecessary in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, at this point if he really wanted to add her to the story as a love rival, just make her fall for him now or something.

Personally I hope this was the last love rival in this story because she was already unnecessary in my opinion.
Honestly, I think Rumiko would been great as the only love rival. It felt more personal than Kawai and had me totally invested and made me cry. With Kawai, I rolled my eyes more often than not.

It would be so simple:
1)Kawai-chan rejected Tadano
2)Kawai falls for Tadano because he is a chad rn.
3)Sees him happy with Komi
4) Regrets breaking his heart.

Users who are viewing this thread