Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 21 Ch. 279 - America

Dex-chan lover
"The Salad Bowl of Races!"

I've heard melting pot before, and it's kind of true, but that still cracked me up. It's just a funny saying.

NYC certainly isn't the safest city in the world, but it's not as dangerous as this comment section makes it out to be.

Dex-chan lover
Funny thing is when I did see a young group of foreign kids the thing that blew their minds was everyone just crossing the street whenever. We don't really follow the lights in NY, I think that was hilarious their shocked faces and pointing to the people walking.

Aggregator gang
@chojinra
There are differences between salad bowl of races and melting pot of cultures as both of them are example of racial integration model.

Melting pot of cultures basically people from various cultures dismantling their identity and assimilated into one, which created 'American' society. Salad bowl of races in the other hand is a model of people from various cultures maintaining their identity, hence the 'salad'.

I think the translators are just keeping their faith on original raws, which is fine for me.

I also want to use this opportunity to call out every new yorkers here that the way you ate pizza are nasty! Who tf ate pizza folded?

Dex-chan lover
Oh, New York.

The subway is really, REALLY useful.

But never go to that Statue of Liberty tour with bad weather. In winter.

This chapter is pure PTSD triggering for me, yeah.

Fed-Kun's army
Must be some alternate universe ny where the locals dont treat you like shit lol

Dex-chan lover
@Razeel
Like, people just forget the fact that the USA is in the north part of a continent? This really annoys me.
When people go "Murica", they are referring specifically to the USA, and not the continents (North America, South America, Combined Americas).

LBByKrL.png

@Teppia As a Brit, the fact that it's a crime in some countries to cross the road without a crossing is totally alien to me.

Double-page supporter
They definitely didn't go to New York because there are too many nice people in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@Trollicorn yeah, i went there in 2015 and it was just fine, i even liked it more than san francisco. I mean sure, at night in certain parts it could get dicey, but its not that big a deal, people here should check south american cities at night. Now thats dangerous.

Dex-chan lover
Very few people forget America is a country on a continent. Its the United States of AMERICA, so shortening it to AMERICA makes sense. You know how the United Soviet States of Russia was called Russia by some for short? If you say continents its more accurate to say the AMERICAS as a compo or specifically NORTH, CENTRAL or SOUTH America. One thing more of an issue is people saying things like Mexican migrants when referring to all people from south of the border. South Africa is in the Southern part of Africa but people still just say going to South Africa or SA for short.

Dex-chan lover
Why the fuck is a school trip an overseas trip to the other side of the world??? How is this even realistic? Who gives the budget? Are they fucking billionaire children? Bill Gate's school?

I’m pretty sure that a Komi writing down what she wanted wouldn’t even be in the top ten weirdest things that worker would see in one day

Dex-chan lover
For the people who are complaining about United States of America being shortened to "America", do you also complain when the United States of Mexico is shortened to just "Mexico"? Do you call Germany "Germany" or do you call it "The Federal Republic"? Is France "The Republic"? Stop being hypocrites.

Users who are viewing this thread