Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 21 Ch. 281 - Hamburgers for Lunch

Dex-chan lover
9OVGpVJ.gif

If people knew how New York City and how New Yorkers are

They'd realize that NONE OF THOSE PEOPLE would have clapped seeing a random Japanese girl eating a hamburger

From shake shack

Actually, everyone there would be wearing headphones or just not give a shit that she was even there.

Now, if she was like, break dancing, or at that park specifically, had a funny doggo who won't go home despite their owner's best wishes.

No, especially since, ugh, cuz they're in manhattan, like watch a Filthy Frank in New York video and you'll see to what lengths new yorkers try REALLY HARD to ignore stuff

And when it comes to Asian people in NEW YORK CITY, pre-covid, no one cared except for the selfie-stick wielding tourists who come in to take pics every 3 blocks.

Like the people of new York can be nice to you, just don't get in their way and you'll be fine. Oh and watch both sides of the street. People like to walk on a red light so when new tourists come in, they think they can just walk with the crowd like it's a green light. No, that's people like me, who're gunning it across the street. Had some co-interns at this place from Buffalo, NY, who didn't know how fickle new York drivers were... Luckily had another co-intern to pull her away from probable death.

The US, like EVERY OTHER COUNTRY is different.
Being a non-white guy like me is normal in a VERY urban place like New York City.

I haven't been in the subways or the New Jersey light rails in a while to know how people are towards asians, but based on this Komi-san chapter? I mean, there's no logical explanation... Just that, I guess everyone thought this one specific japanese high school girl was an endangered species or something, I don't know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aggregator gang
Jesus christ so many sensitive americans in the comment, calm your tits dude this is just a fiction work.

@Clodial I don't think anyone's dense enough to think this is an accurate representation of New Yorkers... or the Japanese, for that matter.

I mean, come on dude, this is chapter 281. Komi gets an unnatural unwanted attention simply by being herself. This is literally her thing. Why expect anything else where Komi is concerned?

BORGAR

And are people really expecting a realistic description of America? You guys are reading the wrong manga. Hell don't read Manga at all, go and read your American Marvel comics.

If people knew how New York City and how New Yorkers are

They'd realize that if Komi-san bit into a hamburger near us, we're gonna be out there hootin and hollerin'. It's gonna be 4th of July.

People in traffic are gonna stop and honk their horns in rhythm until it becomes a harmonious rendition of Lift Every Voice and Sing.

A train car will materialize itself in the park. The doors will open to reveal an entire squad of showtime subway dancers who will all be dancing and backflipping off of the tables.

They didn't bring a boombox. Instead, there is a Black church choir in the train car, and they belt out Cruel Angel's Thesis.

The men playing chess get up and freestyle during the chorus.

Then they commandeer the Pikachu float that gets used for the Thanksgiving's Day Parade and the girls get to ride on the float and get paraded through the street all the way to Times Square.

Users who are viewing this thread