Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 22 Ch. 291 - Isagi-san and Me

Dex-chan lover
You know what...actually, I'd say I would like to see Ase bonking Naruse. Out of sheer interest.

iod6N6b.png

palpredbust11.jpg

Isagi gets more and more gross with each appearance
Reminds me of Manbagi shippers

Aggregator gang
The fact that so many people try to defend Isagi as anything other than abhorrent and perhaps the worst main character in the manga (that we're supposed to like), is just more evidence that so many manga readers are just desperate for any semblance of yuri in their manga (Without reading actual shoujo-ai manga)

Don't kid yourself. The people who defend Isagi and her actions mainly do so because they ship her with Ase because "YuRiFiCaTiOn FtW!"

Aggregator gang
@ReaperCreeper

The main reason why less people defend Yamai compared to Isagi is mainly due to three reasons;

1. Yamai's target for affection is for Komi and her main target of harassment is Tadano. If the fandom wasn't almost unanimously sailing the KomixTadano(xRumiko) ship, then there would be more people defending Yamai and how she stalks Komi and treats others, by downplaying it all as "quirky" (including the kidnapping and attempted murder). Since Ase and Naruse are relatively minor characters, compared to the leads at least, the way Isagi handles their budding relationship isn't treated by the fans with such scrutiny

2. The manga actually admits that Yamai is messed up. When chapter 26 ends with the quote "Yamai-san is a yandere." juxtaposed with her delusions of her "relationship" with Komi, you know the mangaka doesn't take Yamai's actions too seriously. With Isagi, the mangaka seems to think her actions air more on the side of endearing (which it isn't).

3. Yamai isn't as relevant to the current chapters compared to Isagi. Yamai has more or less been pushed to the background, outside of some sporadic appearances in some chapters. For quite some time, some people thought her "death" in chapter 197 was permanent. Isagi is more or less part of the current primary circle of Komi's friend group along with Ase, Naruse, Katai, etc. Since Yamai isn't as relevant to the manga as of lately, she isn't discussed as much in the fandom. People can't really defend a character if no one brings said character up in the first place.

Even though Yamai doesn't have as many defenders as Isagi, Yamai still has some people in the fandom who still defend her to this day. The fact that Yamai (along with Isagi) has any amount of defenders only goes to show that some manga readers mainly care about yuri fanservice (not necessarily romance) and will justify anything from a manga (story arc, character, etc.) that supplies them with such, quality and consistency be damned.

Users who are viewing this thread