Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 22 Ch. 295 - Flying Home

Dex-chan lover
There's so much CONTENT in this chapter! I love how Emo-girl was sitting right behind the two of them but the chapter never addressed it directly.

When you realize that Komi doesn't actually need Tadano at all because all the people just naturally flock at her thanks to her otherworldly beauty this chapter just feels pointless

Dex-chan lover
@shadowknight007 Her entire ability to have friends and interact with them is built upon her relationship with Tadano. You're right that at this point she doesn't need him, but if she lost him, I can guarantee her newly found confidence would quickly evaporate. Secondly, Komi is not the kind of person who would love Tadano based entirely on his utility and usefulness. She loves him because out of all the people that she's met, he is the ONLY one who was able to see her for what she is and then push through that barrier that is her social anxiety to become her friend. Tadano is the only friend of Komi-san's who chose her. All of her other friends were chosen by her and then set as a goal. Think about that. In real life that wouldn't matter, but in manga, a distinction like that can mean an entire world of difference.

@shadowknight007 Have you ever dealt with people who only had friends because of them being attractive? Or got attention for it? They are the most insufferable, boring, vapid people around. Remember how the first class treated her? Like a goddess, and she could do no wrong. Those would not be friends, they would be sycophants at best, stalkers at worst. The entire reason Komi is a good person is because she was too socially dense and insecure for her to let her ego get built up that way. Her current friends understand she is a socially awkward dork who just so happens to be beautiful, but relying on beauty to bring friends just brings about misfortune which is worsened when you add in her insecurity.

Aggregator gang
The love triangle gets more painful as we progress because eventually you understand it’s gotta be solved

Fed-Kun's army
@Destroyman - I totally get you man. Like I said, the story started off pretty good. The problem Komi-san had was kinda cute and provided a good excuse to justify her hanging out with the MC. That was only cute on the first like 30-40 chapters, though. Now is just a very very repetitive and boring as heck trope of the manga. Like you said, that type of conflict would work fairly well if Komi was a side character, but she is the main character, thus making it the center plot. I would have been ok if they would at least showed some development on her character, but the development she's had in these 290+ chapters is very VERY minimal. I guess that is just the curse of the "Slice of Life" tag, they usually just drag stories for so long, and then just have a rushed ending. I just wished that by now, Komi would be a bit more independent, but she is still very co-dependent. She needs ppl around her to pretty much do many things, which makes me question how has she been able to make it so far at school by herself. Her dad had the same communication problem, but he was at least more interesting, fun, and independent. He didn't need anyone to help conquer Komi's mom. He fell in love with her, he went for it. Why can't Komi-san be like that? At the very least, be more proactive on doing certain things. Heck, she can't even speak yet, she still needs her notebook, which by now, should have been long gone.

Sorry about another rant lol

Fed-Kun's army
I'm gunna bet Tadano will confess to Komi first, that way he won't have to reject Manbagi and Katai.

Can this love triangle thing just end already? I thought the main focus of the story was to get 100 friends, not Tadano. 😐

Aggregator gang
~Komi and Manbagi wants to talk...
Najime: I sense disturbance in the force. Gotta go relieve it. Lol
His timing is too good or maybe he is much aware than he let's on.
I mean, the guy/girl is like the opposite of komi when it comes to communication. Over share at times.

Dex-chan lover
@uchiha007 Haha, nothing to apologize for mate, and I totally agree. I will say that not all slice-of-life stories need to have characters develop in order to work, especially if they're more comedic in tone. The problem is that I feel like this manga is taking itself more seriously than it has any right to, and it hasn't done enough to make me care about these characters.

Users who are viewing this thread