Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 30 Ch. 395 - A failed attempt?

I love a couple who just blurts out whatever on their mind so it turns out to cute fluffy mutual understanding (rather than just say nothing and ended up making the other party think too much and spark miscommunication)

Dex-chan lover
Awkward kiss for awkward couple. I guess it just like them.

Dex-chan lover
I swear you and every other Redditor take Yamai way too seriously to be healthy.
I don't really Reddit so what's that got to do with anything?
Yanderes in comedy series aren't that out of place. Creeping, stalking, etc., Yamai hasn't really done anything unique, including the kidnapping thing, but uh, the whole situation was kinda depicted somewhat seriously.
Just saying, part of the reason people dislike her is that shit just came outta nowhere.

Dex-chan lover
I don't really Reddit so what's that got to do with anything?
Yanderes in comedy series aren't that out of place. Creeping, stalking, etc., Yamai hasn't really done anything unique, including the kidnapping thing, but uh, the whole situation was kinda depicted somewhat seriously.
Just saying, part of the reason people dislike her is that shit just came outta nowhere.
It’s more an observation about how often people would bitch and moan about her back when I visited that hellhole, it’s also debatable how seriously the kidnapping was played, especially with Tadano’s reaction to being tied up. I don’t even personally like her that much but she doesn't warrant years worth of complaining.

Dex-chan lover
It’s more an observation about how often people would bitch and moan about her back when I visited that hellhole, it’s also debatable how seriously the kidnapping was played, especially with Tadano’s reaction to being tied up. I don’t even personally like her that much but she doesn't warrant years worth of complaining.
Fair enough. A bit too late at this point to complain about her. Most of the time neutral about her myself and occasionally find her funny. Gotta learn to ignore the existence of some annoying characters in any media, even from some of my favorite creators.

I mean, this is still a comedy series so nothing was obviously gonna happen to Tadano in the end, but wacky school hijinks and then suddenly kidnapping is just, wow that escalated quickly.

Dex-chan lover
I absolutely despise the 'knocking faces into each other is a kiss' trope. Not only is it lazy writing, it's idiotic. If you've been knocked forward hard enough to fall over AND knock the other person over, if your mouths hit it's going to hurt like hell and likely draw blood from your lips smashing into your teeth

More of this please, then keep doing it for a couple of chapters, then just end the manga instead of focusing on the boring "wacky zany" classmates.

Remember Komi's "100 friends" goal? I really don't see that happening before this series is canceled or the author gives up.
I dunno if author just forgot or intentionally didn't want to do Komi's 100 friends goal. Kind of a huge waste to be honest.
I'm not that good of a writer myself, but I think:
  • Author should've introduced the other people in the school slowly, with a couple of chapters to get to know them, instead of just introducing a bunch of them all at once. An obvious but tried and true method of introducing new characters.
  • IIRC, their highschool was known for having "unique" students, but the problem is if everyone's too "unique", they just become annoying and actually forgettable. Compare this point and the previous one to Mairimashita! Iruma-kun where they have better and more memorable, but still unique characters.
  • Yamai the yandere should've been introduced mid-late in the series, and should've been one of the people Komi chooses to NOT be friends with. Her pervy moments got some chuckles from me though, but she literally kidnapped Tadano, wtf.
  • I like Manbagi and the love triangle, but come on, there was no way she was gonna get Tadano. One of the cases where the author could've shook things up with Tadano actually going for Manbagi, but they didn't. Now Manbagi has an obvious romantic replacement, just sad.
  • Their second-year classmates are super boring. The only one I remember is that one uptight bitch to Komi. A too-unlikeable character is bad too.
  • Kawai-san was a great addition and actually made things interesting again, but like Manbagi her arc is over.
The serie isn't getting cancelled anytime soon. The latest volume was within the top 10 best-selling manga in Japan during its release week.

Dex-chan lover
I have been waiting years for something like this. Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Users who are viewing this thread