Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 31 Ch. 412 - A two people Summer Festival stroll Part 2

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Looks like you didn't understand a thing in that basement you're talking about or read any of the comments explaining what's the problem. They published the chapter before it was officially available anywhere, which means they stole a physical magazine before it got to the stores. And they got called out for that. No-one cared about them picking up the series. They didn't publish any previous chapters like any average group picking up a manga, they only published this one, again, before the publisher did. Then got upset for being called out for that. Would you really support that kind of behavior and say it's okay? Does anything go as long as you can read a manga for free conveniently?
If you upload a chapter early and staff finds out, it will be taken down and group members will have their permissions restricted.

Aggregator gang
If you upload a chapter early and staff finds out, it will be taken down and group members will have their permissions restricted.
So the fact that it's not taken down means the accusations is false and everyone just talks gibberish?

Group Leader
Nvm, I just read the comments on a chapter before this
I saw chapter 411 on MangaDex, checked on Viz and it said next chapter in 17 hours. The chapter was removed by staff and it was uploaded it again after the official release. They got called out for that, and that's where all this ruckus is originating from.
I'm aware of that, that's what started this whole comment "war".

Aggregator gang
I saw chapter 411 on MangaDex, checked on Viz and it said next chapter in 17 hours. The chapter was removed by staff and it was uploaded it again after the official release. They got called out for that, and that's where all this ruckus is originating from.

I'm aware of that, that's what started this whole comment "war".
I agree that this kind of things isn't right, but I actually glad that someone at least translating this, and I don't agree with people that saying their work quality awful, I mean I'm comparing the chapter that original TL upload and the chapter that they upload and I still think it's good, not awful like the original TL said, and yeah I still disappointed the original TL dropped it just because Viz media take it now, it such a hassle to read from other website, it happens to one punch man and Eden's zero, which makes me dropped Eden's zero because I don't know which chapter that I reading last time

Group Leader
I agree that this kind of things isn't right, but I actually glad that someone at least translating this, and I don't agree with people that saying their work quality awful, I mean I'm comparing the chapter that original TL upload and the chapter that they upload and I still think it's good, not awful like the original TL said, and yeah I still disappointed the original TL dropped it just because Viz media take it now, it such a hassle to read from other website, it happens to one punch man and Eden's zero, which makes me dropped Eden's zero because I don't know which chapter that I reading last time
I don't have a problem with them picking it up either, I'm only talking about sniping the publisher. 411 image quality was bad, 412 is okay. I'm not that picky.
Don't know about the translation, but CoP's TL said it's bad. Now, what's good enough is up to preference, someone proficient will have higher standards probably.
Viz licensed the series a long time ago, CoP dropped it because it's now simulpubbed which means it's coming out at the same time as the Japanese, which ups the risk of legal actions.
Also, if you use any vpn just to download the viz manga app, it works without one once installed. That's how I read Komi-san.

Aggregator gang
I don't have a problem with them picking it up either, I'm only talking about sniping the publisher. 411 image quality was bad, 412 is okay. I'm not that picky.
Don't know about the translation, but CoP's TL said it's bad. Now, what's good enough is up to preference, someone proficient will have higher standards probably.
Viz licensed the series a long time ago, CoP dropped it because it's now simulpubbed which means it's coming out at the same time as the Japanese, which ups the risk of legal actions.
Also, if you use any vpn just to download the viz manga app, it works without one once installed. That's how I read Komi-san.
I don't know man, I just don't want too many apps to read manga on my phone, I only use mangadex for daily read, and mangaplus for weekly read, I don't want to add another one for just one or two titles, and I definitely don't want extra step to do it, if I really like the title I prefer to buy the physical copy, it's better method for me

Group Leader
I don't know man, I just don't want too many apps to read manga on my phone, I only use mangadex for daily read, and mangaplus for weekly read, I don't want to add another one for just one or two titles, and I definitely don't want extra step to do it, if I really like the title I prefer to buy the physical copy, it's better method for me
Understandable. The choice is yours, it's up to you where you read.

Looks like you didn't understand a thing in that basement you're talking about or read any of the comments explaining what's the problem. They published the chapter before it was officially available anywhere, which means they stole a physical magazine before it got to the stores. And they got called out for that. No-one cared about them picking up the series. They didn't publish any previous chapters like any average group picking up a manga, they only published this one, again, before the publisher did. Then got upset for being called out for that. Would you really support that kind of behavior and say it's okay? Does anything go as long as you can read a manga for free conveniently?
You have to be aware that this happens regardless of series all the time — it’s nowhere near uncommon for popular serials to be uploaded 3-4 entire days ahead of VIZ’s release.

“Does anything go as long as you can read a manga for free conveniently?”

I don’t know if you know this, but the majority of this entire website is comprised of paid content being uploaded for free. Whether it’s licensed in english or not, it’s still content that someone is trying to make a living on lol. Reading it free “inconveniently” on Viz isn’t doing the author that many favors either, the author is paid for the license but the majority of the money made through the manga itself comes through physical media sales (which, reminder, has 12.7 million copies in circulation to date). So who are you being a white knight for? VIZ? The biggest manga publisher in the US? A company worth millions and millions of dollars? Lol

Group Leader
You have to be aware that this happens regardless of series all the time — it’s nowhere near uncommon for popular serials to be uploaded 3-4 entire days ahead of VIZ’s release.

“Does anything go as long as you can read a manga for free conveniently?”

I don’t know if you know this, but the majority of this entire website is comprised of paid content being uploaded for free. Whether it’s licensed in english or not, it’s still content that someone is trying to make a living on lol. Reading it free “inconveniently” on Viz isn’t doing the author that many favors either, the author is paid for the license but the majority of the money made through the manga itself comes through physical media sales (which, reminder, has 12.7 million copies in circulation to date). So who are you being a white knight for? VIZ? The biggest manga publisher in the US? A company worth millions and millions of dollars? Lol
Where in my comments have I said "read the official version"? Seriously, how do so many people read things into comments that simply aren't there? Neither did I, nor did CoP say that. Not once in my comments have I said that. Did I suggest ways people can do that? Yes. Did those people say they can't access Viz manga because of restrictions? Yes.

"You have to be aware that this happens regardless of series all the time — it’s nowhere near uncommon for popular serials to be uploaded 3-4 entire days ahead of VIZ’s release."

First, theyre probably not simulpubs. Second, that doesn't make it right. Just because it happens it won't be less wrong. It's risky and unnecessary, that's why mangadex doesn't allow such uploads.

"it’s still content that someone is trying to make a living on lol"

People said they don't want to read on aggregators, someone even said they should be boycotted because they ask for donations to live off of other people's works. Isn't that the same as a scanlation group having a patreon? The purpose of scanlation is to provide free translations for those who can't understand the original or have no access to official releases, right? It's not making a living out of it.

"Reading it free “inconveniently” on Viz isn’t doing the author that many favors either..."

Again, never have I ever said "go read the Viz version", neither did CoP. Worst case we suggested ways to do that for those who're interested.

"So who are you being a white knight for? VIZ? The biggest manga publisher in the US? A company worth millions and millions of dollars? Lol"

No, i haven't defended Viz in any way, neither did I take their side. But never have I seen a group snipe the publisher "accidentally". Mylene scans did just that, got called out for it, end of story. It's been a while since then, yet people still keep coming back to the comments defending them for that. Had they published their chapter after the official, no-one would've said a thing.

That's what happened, actually.
They received a warning and a weeklong suspension from Mangadex. I don't think the chapter was removed, but by then there already was an official published chapter so maybe that's why.

Double-page supporter
Look how the turn tables
Took them a while but once they cross that bridge Komi-san is done holding back lol.
Funny that usually compose Tadano was the one that got flustered this time.

Today's winner : Komi
Truly breaking out of her shell more and more every next chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread