Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Ch. 411 - A two people summer festival stroll

Group Leader
So it goes: Japanese physical magazine --> Japanese Digital Raw ---> Official English
Is that correct?

It made it sound like the team had access to the publisher's office before it even publish.
Something like that. I don't know whether physical magazine and digital raws come out at the same time or not, but yes. Your conclusion is correct. They probably had someone from Japan scan the magazine.

Dex-chan lover
Something like that. I don't know whether physical magazine and digital raws come out at the same time or not, but yes. Your conclusion is correct. They probably had someone from Japan scan the magazine.
To be clear, they had someone in Japan steal the magazine from the supply chain (delivery driver, printing house worker, something) and then scan it. The physical magazine goes on sale at the same time as the digital one does. (In actual practice, the physical magazine comes out about 5 hours later, since the digital magazine goes on sale at midnight and most retailers don't put the magazines on their shelves until about 5am).

I read an interview with a manga artist who said how sad he was when he'd open Twitter a couple days before his manga came out and overseas fans were already talking about plot points, meaning that pirates from the West got to know what happened before his legitimate customers did.

Pre-release translations hurt the industry. Don't support them.

Aggregator gang
Idk why they are scanlating a series that has a simulpub. The risk of legal action being taken against them is greatly increased, plus readers can just use an aggregator like mangasee or manganato to read the chapters a few hours after official release... I don't see the game plan here.

Dex-chan lover
sadly cant read via viz, so I hope its going to be uploaded one way or anothere here... :qq::notlikethis:

Group Leader
sadly cant read via viz, so I hope its going to be uploaded one way or anothere here... :qq::notlikethis:
There's plenty of other places you can read from, MangaDex is far from the only online manga platform, and most of them don't block uploading official releases unlike here.

Dex-chan lover
I guess this is where I stop reading then. It was fun, but this manga has become pretty aimless anyway.

Having to go over to Viz to keep reading is, despite only being a small inconvenience, simply not worth it.

Dex-chan lover
There's plenty of other places you can read from, MangaDex is far from the only online manga platform, and most of them don't block uploading official releases unlike here.
I moved away from those other sites because of unregulated uploads and shit quality

cant have shit in Detroit

Group Leader
I moved away from those other sites because of unregulated uploads and shit quality

cant have shit in Detroit
Check out cubari.moe. It's a well-built manga reader that takes a link from another manga site and loads just the pages. No ads, no fuss, and it even tells you what sites it supports.

Dex-chan lover
2zl9nIp.jpg

I have never felt this image deeper in my soul since this chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread