Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu.

402 to 410 is missing and the reason I haven't been able to continue the manga. While the chapters are available on other platforms, it's not available in my region. Will we ever see the upload of the missing chapters here?

Why are we missing the English TLs? I set my filters to Spanish/Brazilian and they update constantly without fail, yet the English TLs haven't updated since 416, what's up with the scans? Did they just gave up or do they have another project? Whatever the case, I'd like to see this manga to be continued one way or another.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
https://www.viz.com/vizmanga/chapters/komi-cant-communicate

General note for readers, Viz are simulpubbing this series now. Last three chapters are free, anything prior requires a subscription.

This service is unfortunately region-locked to the US, otherwise we'd link it automatically like M+ chapters (almost 100% global)

Dex-chan lover
Missing chapters seems to be a major issue with this series.
Makes one wonder how it can be so popular when over half the story is missing.
I got to Chapter 48, and then the next was 224 and apparently in the middle of a major plot scene... It is completely unreadable like that.

Aggregator gang
So this got dumped by mylene? Seems like you can read any language Komi here except English…that sucks. Time to go to a different site.

It would’ve been nice if mangadex had mentioned the simulpub thing before it moved past the 3 month free point on Viz…

Last edited:
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
It would’ve been nice if mangadex had mentioned the simulpub thing before it moved past the 3 month free point on Viz…
The majority of our userbase cannot access Viz's platform; dumping chapters into people's feed that they can't even read wouldn't be a popular move.

Aggregator gang
The majority of our userbase cannot access Viz's platform; dumping chapters into people's feed that they can't even read wouldn't be a popular move.
That isn't what I suggested. Just a notice would have been better than nothing.

Also, we already get a ton of chapters in our feeds every time a new scanlation of something we already read appears.

I try not to kvetch about on-going series too much, but I'm really just reading this out of inertia at this point. This doesn't feel like there's a purpose to it anymore. What am I supposed to be looking forward to here exactly? I've been reading this since it started 8 years ago, so yes, I'm well aware that it is fundamentally a SoL rom-com. But even compared to others, this is really starting to feel rudderless. None of these characters have goals, and they're just puttering around.

Fed-Kun's army
I try not to kvetch about on-going series too much, but I'm really just reading this out of inertia at this point. This doesn't feel like there's a purpose to it anymore. What am I supposed to be looking forward to here exactly? I've been reading this since it started 8 years ago, so yes, I'm well aware that it is fundamentally a SoL rom-com. But even compared to others, this is really starting to feel rudderless. None of these characters have goals, and they're just puttering around.
I get the impression that the whole manga became a massive slog as of the third year and that the author just wants to be done with it at this point, which he apperantly attempts to do by speedruning characters into existence with minimal development just so that Komi could finish her original goal of getting a 100 friends. Subsequentially, these newer characters turn out to be either half-baked or barely memorable for the most part, meaning have nothing about them to look forward to.

Addmitedly there are recent attempts to mitigate this to a degree by throwing in some new characters that are supposed to empower other major characters (like Manbagi), introducing somewhat interesting characters like the female Tadano and Emoyama or just shift the focus back to milking the RomCom side of things with Komi and Tadano.

But yeah, it's still pretty much just an oversaturated SoL that's trying to avoid medicority at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread