Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat - Vol. 13 Ch. 62 - Betrayal, Part 1

@gregger
The king had 3 daughters: 1 died after failed summoning, 1 in a coma after failed summoning, and 1 alive who was hanging out with the heroes. I understand why it feels rushed since most will be revealed later. The 'heroes' were only trained to kill beasts, not beings with rational thought. I wouldn't be surprised if they were only figureheads in order to increase morale and inspire the recruitment of soldiers.
Also, the king is only a pawn to the previous demon king.

Dex-chan lover
What awesome heroes. We’ve been getting a glut of these types ever since Shield-hero, Moon-led journey, and Arifureta.

Fuck this king, no sympathy for this asshole. Good thing that when he dies he'll go straight to Hell and his poor daughter won't have to see him again.

Fed-Kun's army
A king can never let personal feelings determine his judgement. Rationality is priority. The amounts of lives he supposedly "sacrificed" are more or less the results of his irresponsibility at this point.

Dex-chan lover
So the Human King is blaming the demons for his daughter's deaths?
I recall that he explained that one of his daughter died and another went in a coma through failed summonings. So the demons are not directly responsible.
To be fair, he was burned once by the demons. It doesn't make him any less foolish to ally with the beastkin. He should be aware that the beastkin and humankin don't get along, so it's very obvious what will happen if the demonkin are destroyed.

In any case, it's amazing he has this much love for his daughters. Aristocracy usually only see them as a way to tie knots between families and marriages are not done out of love. Then there's ambition which takes care of pitting family members against each other.

I'm still a bit confused about how a beastkin army appeared right in demonkin territory, and their willingness to cut down civilians, but I assume it has a lot to do with demonkin betrayers and the fact that there's little care to give for the lives of those of different races. I'm very curious about what the betraying demonkin's reasons are. Is it just ambition? What exactly will they be ruling over if the demonkin city is destroyed?

It's still hilarious seeing word magic break down all common sense in this world.

Dex-chan lover
the "heroes" are still going to fucking fight for the humans and exterminate the demons? even after all they've just seen? if all the women and children slaughtered in the street they still want to keep going? ok fuck the heroes, they no longer have any redeeming qualities

Dex-chan lover
King: My daughters! 😔

Manga readers: So he cared about his daughters? What a good father.

Me a novel reader: *Laugh at the obvious acting*

Dex-chan lover
@Kireato
I'm still a bit confused about how a beastkin army appeared right in demonkin territory,
We do know there are traitors among the demons. That might explain at least something.

Users who are viewing this thread