Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat - Vol. 14 Ch. 66 - Glimpse of a Hero, Part 1

Double-page supporter
He really is a fairly static character, as is the case for so many of these aloof, can't-be-bothered, who-needs-friends-anyway protagonists. That's not the same as saying he isn't a fully realized character, but he doesn't grow in meaningful ways from who he is at the start of the story.

In the end I kind of simpatize with Hiiro apparent aloofness . He was abducted from his life ( good or not ) due to a fluke and abandoned to his fate. Why do people act surprised that he just want to do whatever he feels fancy ( in this case eating good food and reading books ) instead of collecting lolis and getting himself in the middle of a 3-way interspecies war ? it is not that he owes anything to anyone in this world he was isekai'ed to ...

In fact, Hiiro is probably one of the most realistic isekai MCs around just because of that ;)

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1

It's because he has the power to make change, to help, and instead he just fucks off. It's not about obligation, just that it's a problem in real life, too. The people who have the power and/or authority to do good things only ever act selfishly.

It gets frustrating.

@Kayriel

Well, my point is that he has no obligation to do anything for this world. In fact , given how he was forcefully brought there and then given the proverbial kick in the behind because he was not what they wanted, there would be enough of justification for him to be actively antagonistic to everyone around and yet he is gracious enough to only not pull a Voldemort and erase all of those pests with a "erase" command, but to just go travel around in search of good food and books. From his point of view, that war all of those guys are waging around is NOT his problem , it was not caused by him and it is unlikely he could do much to solve it if the parts in question do not want it solved ( and one of them for sure does not ).

Also, Hiiro is definitely not the strongest around ( just to start, the Red loli is surely stronger than him ... and this is not to mention all of the guys fighting around in the last chapters ), so he realistically could not do much against those guys if they actively resist and it was shown already that atleast some of them are all for it and the rest are OK with the situation. If you want powerful people that won't do someting about the war, those guys and gals are the ones the blame, not Hiiro :p

P.S RL advice: expecting powerful people to do something to destroy the system that made them powerful or that atleast a system they worked their butts off in to get a powerful positon , is ... well, not a inteligent line of action. Also, expecting that anyone to do the things you are unwilling to ( because the powerful ones are suposed to do them ) is quite hypocritical ( not saying you are, just that it is a line of thought that reeks of hypocrisy ).

@kayriel there's a difference between having power and having obligations. People in the real life who's in power and have authority usually also have an obligation to do their job. Its different from people that have power but not obligated to do something.

Just because you have power, you're buffed out maxed muscle and stronger than everyone else doesn't mean you have to help lift everyone's groceries, because you're not obligated to do so. Just because you're smarter than everyone else doesn't mean you must teach everyone else about your knowledge, because you're not obligated to do so. Just because hiro have more power than everyone else, it doesn't mean he has to help everyone that has trouble, because he's not obligated to do so.

Reading these comments, i realized most of you have read too many "abandoned weakling becomes strongest" type manga and forgot how the beginning of this manga was. Yes Hirro was accidentally summoned and it turned out he wasn't a hero but hes the one who asked if he could just leave since he had no obligation to help the kingdom and the king just said sure. They didn't degrade him or straight up kick him out, it was just Hirro doing what hes done for pretty much the whole series, whatever he wanted

Double-page supporter
I think this has deviated from the web novel, which is a good thing. The novel becomes boring after this I stopped reading.

Edit: so many people complain about Hiiro's characters. I think he's just that type of MC who doesn't get character development. He's been aloof and selfish from the beginning and plans to not involve in things he doesn't care about. Although as MC of course he would still be involved.

Dex-chan lover
some reason feels like he's kind of the male tsundere, minus the dere unless for book and food

wait, people actually expect him to become nicer ?

god, this manga might be isekaitrash. But its not naruto number#1823828382901. I genuinely find that kind of character development terribly unrealistic

Aggregator gang
Don't forget guys, the Fairy queen said that Hiiro has feelings too, its just that he doesn't realize his own feelings.

Fed-Kun's army
Please for the love of god, don’t make me read in nya dialect ever again

Users who are viewing this thread