Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat - Vol. 14 Ch. 66 - Glimpse of a Hero, Part 1

What's up with Hiiro mentally? Does the LN ever explain why he's so weird socially?

Dex-chan lover
I already hate it when any feline type character talks like this. At least I'm now sure that being big and burly doesn't help? Seriously though, we need to exterminate some of these persistent tropes once and for all. The problem is just priorities. The whole tsundere thing has gone on for far too long as well, especially the current form of it. But what do we get rid of first? Who could possibly decide these things in a fair and logical manner?

Group Leader
@Glomoro I don't mind it when it fits the characters personality, when they are meant to be overly cutesy, like to get on peoples nerves or maybe don't know the human language. But I agree that when it's just randomly applied to any cat person it does get frustrating, I suppose you could think of it as an accent but honestly it just makes things hard to read. There is also a lack of consistency when it comes to beast type races, like you don't see dog people randomly start or end words with a bark.

Group Leader
@Raydnt Dunno about that, he feels more like a Kuudere charcter to me though these are most often girls so maybe it's harder to see when it's a guy?
Yes he is dismissive, acts out harsh and hes a hard time getting along with people but the actions he takes are often to help others even if he disguises it under some other pretext.
Kuudere types usually find it hard to open up so it's no surprise that he isn't making big progress in that regard, not sure what you're expecting but he'll definetly not become the outgoing party type anytime soon.
Also the red Loli has her own problems, like how she sees him as property and such. He seems to treat her the way he does to get that idea out of her head.

Dex-chan lover
@Geth270 Well, for this in particular it might mostly be a translation thing I suppose. The other characters might be doing stuff that warrants this treatment on their end as well, but it's not popularized like (or as easy as) this cutesy cat thing is, so maybe they just drop whatever it was. Perhaps this character was just ending sentences with "nya" the way some characters do with "desu," for example. For a dog version of that, it'd be a normal sentence ending with "wan" or something I think. May have seen that before, but it's certainly less common to see around here.

On the other hand, maybe the raws for this case really were more or less like this to begin with, bunch of weird cat based wordplay rather than just a tacked on "nya" here or there, I'm not really sure. More effort to look into than I feel like putting in, particularly since I'm mostly kidding with my reaction to it. I do kinda hate it, but I get why it's happening and can just roll my eyes at it, "Oh this again? Okay."

@Stalkerman Wasn't it probably the other summoned people? They might have left a message with her after he teleported away on his own, or perhaps they were captured or something and she was supposed to mention it since he obviously knew them.

Aggregator gang
@Kazzuma 1 is picked up on the way. The other is his mount he transformed. She seems to be able to transform in her own. So she is tecniccally his familiar.

Fed-Kun's army
That's a catgirl btw

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
@AnnaPlayer Well, Hiiro is an orphan who's been on his own for quite a while. I believe it was stated he was the oldest at the orphanage and never had someone to look up to, and was instead forced to look after the younger children. Instead of turning him into the "older brother" type character, the opposite happened and he become more standoffish and isolated. While he dutiful took care of the children, he'd withdraw into his hobbies of reading and eating delicious food. When summoned into a new world, he saw it as a chance to abandon all responsibilities and indulge his hobbies. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to do that at all as he's been dragged into situation after situation where he can't gain any sense of peace of mind.

Double-page supporter
Wow the panther speaking nya nya everytime is annoying me

There are many people that didn't like the feline speech translation, personnally i liked it :D

Thanks for the chapter !

Users who are viewing this thread