Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat - Vol. 14 Ch. 68 - Glimpse of a Hero, Part 3

Damn.. scanlators used speed word magic..

But seriously though hiiro is so op now, next time he'll definitely just do "death"

Aggregator gang
Yes let's capture an enemy commander without sealing his power or shit like that, big brain stuff.

I mean Com'on, even in real life, you need to neutralize your enemy by taking their weapon and restraining their movement before taking them as prisoner, much less to an isekai world with magic and stuff lol.

Double-page supporter
@Kayriel People that have called the princess, or whoever she is, dumb have a point. It has nothing to do with "reader omniscience" although it's cute that you tried to go there. She is/was naïve, period. Maybe because she's inexperienced, maybe because she's idealistic and believes in make love not war, doesn't really matter because at the end of the day she fucked up. It's not about being able to see the future, it's about being able to judge the situation properly and make the best decision. She didn't.

"No, don't kill him!"

Summon a massive monster who will destroy and kill everyone

MaYbE tHaT wAs A bAd IdEa?

"Taking him captive could have worked, just because it didn't work doesn't make her naive! You only call her naive because you have the benefit of a reader's viewpoint!"

Uh...killing him would have had a 0% chance of failure. Have you noticed how many mangas where simply killing the enemy would have solved the problem instead of sparing them only for it to come back and bite the protagonist in the ass so the story could have more chapters?

Dex-chan lover
@eA-Zaku

It would also have resulted in a 0% chance of using an influential person to force a peace treaty. Keep in mind that the demon lord is barely over level 100; she clearly has not seen much warfare.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes, being idealistic leads to good results. Of course, one should take "proper risk management" beforehand. Otherwise, idealism just gets people killed.

Aggregator gang
Not a huge fan of the “that first trump card wasn’t my trump card, nor was the second, third or fourth trump cards. But THIS!!!! This is my truest of true trump cards! (maybe)”

It gets boring watching a fight that has multiple feints

Aggregator gang
@eA-Zaku the problem in this kind of situations was the fact that they always failed to fully restrain what they captured, capturing dangerous living beings without the ability to restrain them is just purely suicidal and dumb move.

Same logic into sparing your enemy's life . If you aren't confident in making them not a threath in your life later then just end them instead of leaving such direct risk and danger out in the open. Or you can go martyr and let them kill you instead

Double-page supporter
But seriously though hiiro is so op now, next time he'll definitely just do "death"

I would hate it if he really could do that, TBH. There's another isekai where MC can instant kill anyone just by thinking and it's boring as hell since every conflicts can be resolved once MC uses his power.

Aside from that, I'm truly agreed that he's already freaking OP with his words magic.

Anyway, thanks the scanlator for very fast update. Please continue working on this.

Dex-chan lover
The 'don't kill the bad guy' trope. I get it, the princess is fairly low leveled and hasn't seen as much battle as the others. but man I just facepalm every time I see this trope

Dex-chan lover
@dope0420

'It's cute' that you tried that tone with me, kiddo. It seems you haven't read the comments in this thread and instead just acted like your own opinion was under attack. If you're agreeing with the smoothbrains then I suppose it was.

There was no way to know what he was going to do, when all evidence points to him being down and out, taking him hostage is always a good idea - he's a necessary existence for the enemy, there could be vital information tortured from him, using him as a political hostage, or as a trading chip to try and buy some breathing room for her people.

Instead, he had a backhand. Shit happens. No one can plan for any and all outcomes, it's not possible, especially when the situation doesn't call for it. They just overwhelmed someone who could be a huge bonus to their side, taking him hostage is the first thing that should come to mind, especially given that he was clearly defeated. Why not blame the MC? He didn't place any restrictive spells on his new hostage, he just put up his weapon and walked off. He didn't prevent the cat from summoning anything or using escape tricks or binding his body/soul or whatever it is he can do to the panther-man. He did fucking nothing.

But y'know, go ahead and blame the one who made a good call that just didn't turn out well because no one knew he was still capable of doing this. It's this kind of lacking mental acuity that makes people like you call a good idea a bad idea, just because it didn't turn out as intended.

Ideas are judged on the merits of their conception, NOT their results. No idea can encompass the myriad results of any given situation. My original point stands, if things had turned out how she wanted none of you would question what she did. Now that things didn't go to plan, suddenly it's a bad plan and she's stupid for having made it.

Have enough decency to realize that you misconstrued what makes a good plan and a bad plan, and conflated concepts with results... poorly.

Users who are viewing this thread