Kono Kaisha ni Suki na Hito ga Imasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - No One Can Find Out

Contributor
How long before it's an "everyone can see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch the super obvious relationship" environment?

Fed-Kun's army
That first joke was flat out hilarious: "... people are hard at work for the better part of the day." Classic!

Oh wait - is this an isekai?

Fed-Kun's army
Isn't the whole point of having a relationship with a colleague the fact that you can be together during the day too??

I really don't get this manga's premise.

@mochi Yeah for some people who don't want to be discussed about these sort of relationships would've been rather kept not a secret.
Case in point:
One of my colleagues wanted to be intimate with a newcomer so the others set them up for a private date at the movies. Now they are married.
In my case we were close but not too obvious normally they would've probably say "oh they talk to each other often" but if things were to leak out that "those 2 were going out and stayed at each other's place from time to time" it'd have make some relatively unexpected news.
like in this series

I remember Watamote's author saying no one would have ever noticed their manga without /a/ scanning and translating it back in the day. Also as once stated by a big game industry veteran "Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem"

@CyBerK
https://twitter.com/harimoguni/status/337483945061003264
Tweet from the author saying the anime probably wouldn't have happened without them.

http://www.world-three.org/2012/01/21/thats-pretty-cool/
The scanlator taking note of the physical releases mentioning it.

It's pretty amazing that people still think scanlators do more harm than good when the game industry shows people who wouldn't buy something because of "piracy" wouldn't have bought it in the first place, so it's not a lost sale. Meanwhile many people pirate things for various reasons, like not being able to afford it at the time or getting it for a trial, and then end up buying it later down the line. Not to mention shitty ol' Crunchyroll started out as a piracy site for anyone who had no idea on that front. So in theory you'd think there'd be more companies actually doing international releases for manga and such.

Group Leader
@Skrist Exactly, I think it's a good thing when all's said and done. Otherwise I wouldn't persist in scanlating. Still, I can understand why many mangaka (and other creators) are wary of piracy. It's hard to tell how many sales are due to increased exposure and whatnot.

As far as Crunchyroll goes, congratulations to them for their success and making anime more accessible via legitimate methods. But to tell the truth, I still hold a major grudge against them. I was one of the people who hated the way they were profiting, not only off of other people's IP (the anime themselves), but also off of the work of the fansubbers who didn't want their work used for the profit of people other than the original creators/rights-holders. The ethics there were... not the best, to put it lightly. Or so I felt (and still feel, actually). And then for that kind of behavior to be rewarded-- it made me sick to my stomach. I don't think their success will ever stop turning my stomach either. But they're successful regardless, and at this point they have, I guess, possibly done more good then bad. At any rate, I think there's only about one way I could begin to forgive them for their past: if they use their power to make animators' wages livable or higher, now that they're funding anime originals (and presumably have influence overall).

Sorry for that tirade, I know most people probably don't give a scheisse. But I agree regarding your points on piracy for the most part.

Edit: I should note I'm not against donations or anything like that. I may open donations up someday too. What I am against is charging subs for access and other very commercial methods of making money, which is what CR was doing even back then, iirc.

Fluff Master does it again! Thanks @sleepyfoxscanlations

Yeah, the whole fan translation thing, whether anime, manga, or WN/LN is a pretty big grey area ethically.

Manga is behind both anime and novels as far as "service problem" @Skrist mentioned goes, they've only really in the last year or so got half way decent "Netflix style" legit service (Crunchyroll's previous manga effort was way too small compared to Manga Plus/Jump, and the previous Jump digital mag was super limited too)

A kinda interesting jump from fan to pro thing like a way smaller scale than Crunchyroll going legit - there's two series in J-Novel Club's catalogue that were originally fan TLs that went legit (Invaders of Rokujouma, and The Magic in this World is Too Far Behind), but they had to be super high quality, no donations or paywalling BS, and only single translation team for J-Nov to consider it, and then the Japanese rights holder had to approve it after that.

Users who are viewing this thread