Kono Kaisha ni Suki na Hito ga Imasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - No One Can Find Out

Dex-chan lover
Hum... I don't really mind the secret in itself. It can make sense: office gossip, actual regulation against it...
But I'd like a bit more actual explanation. The reasons they give seem a bit of everything, but no real reason for concern. It feels wishy-washy.

Aggregator gang
I like the idea of “secret relationships” too much to ignore this one.

Dex-chan lover
That was wholesome in many ways.
But really bothers me not seeing how they got together... i mean, for me is the best part, tho im always complaining of not seeing the afterwards in more series, so i guess starting at this point is also a good thing.

Aggregator gang
Wear your masks kids! Even when you're fucking!

This is decent I guess, it's good and cute but the reasons they have a secret relationship is weird
I don't really care if you have one but it's just, you guys aren't even friends in the workplace :/

@nobodygattaknow
From what i've heard it's a policy in some japanese companies not to wear wedding bands to not stress out coworkers, no office dating may not be a company policy but it's probably culturally looked down apon and seen as interfering with their work ethic...
Know how conservative office culture in japan can be, it's a cultural thing more than anything

Aggregator gang
@TheDollCollector Oh, that makes sense, but I was more concerned about how they got together in the first place since it seems like Mitsuya acted cold to him even before
We'll probably figure it out later anyway I guess?

They kept emphasizing that there where obstacles in the way of them dating dating. So I wanna see that story. Or Maybe there'll be flashbacks throughout the manga.

Dex-chan lover
So... we start out with a tsundere already in the dere~dere phase? Nice!

Dex-chan lover
Hum... I don't really mind the secret in itself. It can make sense: office gossip, actual regulation against it...
But I'd like a bit more actual explanation. The reasons they give seem a bit of everything, but no real reason for concern. It feels wishy-washy.
probaly because it's something that's make more sense in Japan, I think.

Dex-chan lover
Something to keep in mind: Scanlation in and of itself is in no way "Illegal" in most western nations. I mean... Yeah, maybe it carries the death penalty in fucking Rwanda or something absurd like that, but in America and other nations it's perfectly legal.

The issue is if it's a copyright violation. Which is not criminal law (unless you do something criminal with it that is, which this doesn't qualify).

Scanlation absolutely qualifies under Fair Use as well. One of the criteria for determining Fair Use is if the altered work is transformative. Changing the language and localizing something is pretty transformative. Another criteria is does the altered work impact the market of the original work. Are Japanese people ditching the primary sources of Japanese manga to read English fan scanlations? Fuck no. And reason fan translations exist in the first place is because so few series get scanlated and released. So it's Fair Use.

Users who are viewing this thread