Kono Kaisha ni Suki na Hito ga Imasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - No One Can Find Out

Group Leader
Hey @smashman42, thanks for reading this series too!

Agreed, fan translation is a massive gray area. It's pretty impressive how light novel availability in English has improved by leaps and bounds in the past few years though. But either way, as you allude to, there're still tons of series that go untranslated officially or unofficially. I kind of hope that one day there's a system that allows people to contribute directly to official English/other language releases by the Japanese publishers, or maybe even by the mangaka themselves. Of course, there'd be a ton of issues to hash out before that could happen.

Regarding the J-Novel Club thing, I wasn't aware there were any occurrences like that. That's pretty interesting to hear about indeed, thanks for sharing.

Edit: slight rewording.

@sleepyfoxscanlations
I could go into a massive tirade on CR's bullshit of not actually supporting the industry alone, but I don't wish to derail any further. Anyhow, great job on the TL for this and Saeki.

Group Leader
@Skrist Heh, I was still trying to moderate myself, and didn't want to go too far into it either. You're right, chapter discussion is supposed to be kept to the chapters (;´∀`). Thanks for the compliment.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone explain to me the cultural reason why Japan likes to keep office romances secret? I feel like in America I've never seen a workplace couple go to great lengths to keep it under wraps.

Group Leader
@silentfx @AnimuVsMango From what I have researched on this topic ... it seems “office romance” and “company romance” are in fact very common in Japan (as a result of long working hours and lack of time for other social connecting). It’s perfectly normal to date/ live with/ in relationship with a coworker. Just you need to obey the “unwritten rule”- Be low-key, keep your relationship as closely guarded as possible. << idk why this is a thing but yeah ... probably cause A couple working in the same office would make other coworkers feel difficult. And if they break up, things would get more difficult and embarrassing.

Dex-chan lover
In America its pretty normal to have a work place relationship so long as it isn't in your chain of command aka your superior or someone who reports to you.

Fed-Kun's army
Everyone remember wotakoi? At the beginning the fmc explains that she left her previous job, because the person she was dating found out about it and broke up with her, but because they were working at the same company it got awkward, because of this she had to change her workplace at an unusual time of the year. That's why workplace romance isn't recommended. Breakups or fights can cause problems.

Fed-Kun's army
@sleepyfoxscanlations
I found this manga in a bookstore, while I was in Osaka in December, and I liked the cover and what (I assumed) the story was so much that I made a note of it and searched for it as soon as I could, but no groups were translating it at the time. If it weren't for you, I would have never been able to read this. Thank you so much!

Group Leader
@SunsetSeeker You were in Osaka in December? Sounds fantastic -- though I believe COVID-19 was already kind of an issue or worry over there at the time? Hope that didn't dampen your vacation or whatever reason you were there for. I'm glad you're a fan of the series, and sorry for the slow releases. After I finish the main story of Saeki-san (another series I work on) within about a week, I'll be finishing out volume 1 of this series in short order.

Fed-Kun's army
@sleepyfoxscanlations

Surprisingly, no lol. I didn't hear about COVID until late January/early February. They definitely didn't have any safety restrictions during that time, at least. The train stations were like wading through rivers made of people. But, yes, Osaka and its people were absolutely wonderful =)

I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't mind the slow releases. As long as I know you have it on your schedule, I'm content. Thanks for all your hard work on this series, as well as Saeki-san!

Double-page supporter
"if we put masks on we can go on a date" well now that's relevant lol

Users who are viewing this thread