Kono Oto Tomare!

sei

One of those manga that will make you really care for the characters (the plot is nothing special considering is a slice of life and the events are pretty normal, yep there's a lot of drama tough :D) and that's why you should read it, with characters like these you won't get bored ever, the art is just perfect to comunicate the emotions of the caracters (a bit repetitive the character design in some points probably due to issues of time... don't know, but not really a problem) also the pace of the narration and also the organization of the panes(? - not sure not english-) is just perfect. Definitely worth reading it. I'd really love more ch ;(

Fed-Kun's army
I looked into the raws and can tell you guys that the next few chapters are going to be awesome ???

anime announcement means time to re-read all current chapters IM SO EXCITED GUYS

The story and the characters looks pretty cliché at first but It's surprisingly a hidden gem!
- Good characters that grow throughout the story.
- Interesting plot
- Friendship. I really love the chemistry between the cast. They're all so loveable.
- Art is gorgeous, especially the recent chapters.
-Slow paced romance, no love triangle.

Dex-chan lover
if you love watching the MC getting cucked (black hair guy) and the blonde bad guy getting all the grills then this is for you.

Dex-chan lover
@kronix: the Prez has best girl already and no sight of her even noticing anyone else. Don't project your insecurities and fetishes on everything.

Rereading this for the nth time, I just noticed Ousuke prob has a thing for Asa, who has a thing for her teacher.

Welp. That makes his personality shift seem much sadder.

with this manga in particular i'll read it so quickly because im so eager to read on, but then i'll go back and savor the good moments again because they're so. good. and so. beautiful. THIS CHAPTER GOT ME GOING SCROLLING BACK UP AGAIN AND AGAIN

It's kinda sad how much more chill the guys are to the women. The women in this were so vindictive and bitchy it's ridiculous. I can, for the most part, ignore all of the attitudes and their actions, except the Mother and Grandma. The girls in the club for the most part just had a bad attitude in the beginning (somewhat justified since it was basically all insecurity and because of trauma, same with Chika) but they came out of their shell and looked sexy as hell doing it.

The mother and shitty Grandma tho, that made no sense. The Mother for starters is beyond being a retarded character. If all it took was listening to a song and saying fuck you to the people talking shit behind her back, there was literally no reason to treat their child that way. She made it seem like it was a big issue and had so much riding on her shoulders to the point she had to quit being a Mother altogether. I mean, seriously, when she listened to the "song" there was like zero issues and conflict in the group that "forced" her to treat her daughter like trash. It was just ooooh, look she is so spoiled, lolz. I mean, her daughter had to get on her knees with her face to the ground to ask for a simple favor and beg her own Mother. Any mother like that should never be forgiven so easily. The Granny tho, she is way past her expiration date. It's time to go, lol. She is only there to create issues and is good for nothing else. It's her Granddaughter that takes care of everything, she's pointless to even have there.

But anyway, enough of the rant. Wonder when Chika is going to get pissed at Houtsuki (or vice-versa) enough to just kiss her to shut her up, lol. Really enjoy the dynamic between those two. Same with the prez and vice-prez.

Dex-chan lover
This is really good. The problem of this manga is
that the drama between Hotsuki family was very simple, its a problem that wouldn't take years to solve, plus the misundestanding trope between Glasses-kun and Vice annoys me, I mean its cute and all but its very obvious if it were to happen in real life

All in all good manga, hits the feels, 9/10 for me

I wish for an anime adaptation too.

Little brother says u like brother in 1 sec, president which is dense as fuck doesn't understand what he see 32142341 times.

@Lazeran pretty sure takezou noticed a bunch of times already... he's just afraid he might be misunderstanding. i guess he doesn't want to make things awkward for the club by asking her either, since he is responsible for the club, as the president and all

@Akemua i don't think it was -just- tenkyuu that changed satowa's mom. it was a combination of many things, like satowa's letter to her, akira's interference and even her own self. if you read her conversation with akira in ch47, it's very clear that satowa's mom already came to regret everything she did and was still doing to her daughter. yes, she actually already felt this way back when her daughter came to beg for the koto. it's just that because she was weighed down by her regrets and obligation to the houzuki group, she couldn't move forward herself, until akira forcefully dragged her to do it

maybe it's too big a cultural difference for westerners to understand, but something like obligation to people, family and groups over self-interest can be really important especially for such a traditional family like the houzukis. seems pretty believable to me that satowa's deliberate sabotage of her own performance caused her mom to lose a lot of face and stature within the houzuki group. at that time, her mom simply valued that way more than her own daughter

the granny is something else though. at least she still doesn't seem to have regretted anything, so i guess her character is still consistent(ly evil)? but like she said, she's already 70+ so maybe it really is too late for an old person like her to change her ways so easily

also if you're talking about evil people in the story, there aren't all just women. remember the vice principal?

@D3ban When did I say there were evil women? Or even evil people for that matter. All I said was that the women at first glance were vindictive ( vice-prez and the female sensei) bitches. And they were. The only ones that continued to stay that way, was the Mom and Grandma like I already said. The main girls in this all had a crappy past and trauma, so they were not very pleasant individuals ( to other people) in the beginning. But they had people that were there for them so they changed. No biggie.

And, why does us being westerners have anything to with it? I mean, I get your point about traditional high society and whatnot in different cultures. But I was talking about how ridiculous the Mother treated her daughter and the bitch couldn't even apologize until, again, the daughter had to be the bigger person. For a "leader" of a group to literally treat her own daughter like trash for at least half her life, and not have the ability to say sorry until everyone around her tells her to grow up and act like a mom is not a mother worth forgiving so easily. That's just my two-cents. Doesn't have anything to do with different cultures just the individuals themselves and their actions. I would rather she stayed out of the picture until she personally came to apologize and not need to rely on other people to do it. It just annoyed me that the daughter, the actual victim, also had to be the one to attempt any kind of reconciliation while the mom just kind of sat back and watched it go down.

The granny and vice-principal should get married and live out there twilight years together. They seem like a match made in hell.

But, those were all good points. It sounds like I'm hating on this manga, but it's just these few things I found to be little too ridiculous and are pretty much my only reason for having anything bad to say about it.

PS: Sorry for the text. I am very bad when it comes to putting my thoughts in a short and concise manner.

TL;DR: I agree with what you said. I just felt the mom's reasoning and the fact the daughter had to be the one to even attempt some kind of reconciliation too ridiculous for my taste.

@Akemua but satowa's mom isn't much different from her or hiro. she also had a 'crappy past and trauma'. she was just an ordinary loving mom until her husband died and she was forced to assume responsibility for the houzuki clan, when she was a nobody, with no talent to speak of. she was desperate and under enormous pressure

i even think what she was doing up until she excommunicated satowa was fairly tame. i don't think it's really that awful for a parent to overrule and decide everything unilaterally for their child, especially when there's so much riding on her

i mentioned differing cultures because of this. you might think it's ridiculous to ignore a child's wants and treat them coldly and harshly to further a group's prestige and success. but from a collectivist mindset, the group's success might be much more important than one kid's happiness. in that context, to rebel against and sabotage the group's name, just because you want to cry out for a little bit of empathy seems more ridiculous than kicking said rebel out

and about west vs east, i mentioned it because it's more often the case that a western culture values individualism more than collectivism

i think you're being a bit too harsh on satowa's mom. she really did want to say sorry and reconcile. but a) she felt that what she did was too unforgivable to try for an apology and reconciliation and b) satowa was a black mark on the houzuki name. even at the revitalisation concert, there were people who opposed her return. it's not as easy as giving the middle finger to those people and doing whatever you want, because she has a responsibility as the head of the clan

ultimately, i think satowa's mom is a more sympathetic character than you give her credit for. we saw that she was a pretty loving mom before becoming the houzuki head. she just couldn't do the right thing when faced with heavy pressure and expectations. and she also realised that what she did was wrong, on her own. i think that alone speaks volumes about whether she's a good or bad person at the core

Users who are viewing this thread