Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Ch. 49.2

Dex-chan lover
uh... how did he lose? Was he not supposed to be some kind of fencing genius who had won the intergalactic fencing championships in vr? And then gotten the captain-infodumps ontop of that, including martial arts? Or am I misremembering things from this wn/manga being way too slow and old?

Dex-chan lover
uh... how did he lose? Was he not supposed to be some kind of fencing genius who had won the intergalactic fencing championships in vr? And then gotten the captain-infodumps ontop of that, including martial arts? Or am I misremembering things from this wn/manga being way too slow and old?
She just explained it, all the stuff you said is the only thing he had going for him, and he relied too much on the downloaded skills.

Edit: Seriously, if the guy is only fighting by using third-person view, with silhouettes On for interactables, and an enemy shows up that can shut off the silhouettes or forces you into a situation where you get obstructed by the camera until you go first-person, then he's screwed.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Yes we are. I think in the WN they just left for their new base and then it was left on hiatus. The manga now is the one pushing the story forward.
That's a peculiar situation, how does that end up happening?, its almost always the other way around.

Dex-chan lover
His combat skills are top-notch for those contexts, but if he's facing someone who knows how to fight outside of contexts (not relying on nanom) he's inexperienced. A champion boxer won't win a wrestling match.

Dex-chan lover
She just explained it, all the stuff you said is the only thing he had going for him, and he relied too much on the downloaded skills.
I think you are underestimating how large an intergalactic empire is, and what kind of skill is needed to place #1 in the entire thing.
His combat skills are top-notch for those contexts, but if he's facing someone who knows how to fight outside of contexts (not relying on nanom) he's inexperienced. A champion boxer won't win a wrestling match.
He didn't rely on nanom when he won the thing, as that was vr.

Fed-Kun's army
These last 2 chapters felt like something was missing idk.
Yeah. It feels like the new(?) writers already have an idea where they want the story to go/be. But their efforts to set the course feels a little clumsy with new info and reversions feeling like they are coming out of left field rather than flowing naturally from the rest of the story.

The story now has different enough of a feel to it that I suspect the original writer is not a part of the manga adaption at this point.

Dex-chan lover
Which is kinda retarded, since downloaded skills are STILL real skills. If anything, it's his lack of real combat experience. He has the technique, but not the expertise. Which I believe is what the author is actually going for here.

Like, he has the knowledge, but not the wisdom to wield said knowledge. Something like that.

Dex-chan lover
So anyway, she should just kill him already lmao. Since she won so handily, what's the use in delaying? Don't tell me she wants to "test" the MC or anything dumb like that.

Dex-chan lover
and it's already been established that the cloned twins are better than him in close combat, so he already wasn't the best on the planet even

Users who are viewing this thread