Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Ch. 49.2

Dex-chan lover
uh... how did he lose? Was he not supposed to be some kind of fencing genius who had won the intergalactic fencing championships in vr? And then gotten the captain-infodumps ontop of that, including martial arts? Or am I misremembering things from this wn/manga being way too slow and old?
I think he was just a hobbyist. I don't remember anything about him being a genius. If he won a tournament, it was against other hobbyists. She's hinting she's an actual frontline soldier. I guess it'd be like a desk worker going to a boxing gym three times a week suddenly fighting a special forces soldier.

And whatever downloads he got probably weren't about close combat. Leadership, administration, strategy... those are skills a captain in his position would need.

Dex-chan lover
Which is kinda retarded, since downloaded skills are STILL real skills. If anything, it's his lack of real combat experience. He has the technique, but not the expertise. Which I believe is what the author is actually going for here.

Like, he has the knowledge, but not the wisdom to wield said knowledge. Something like that.
No, more like how in a videogame the npc always has the same wind-up and attack patterns, so if you know them you can counter all their attacks, even with less power.

Edit: since some people still can't understand, imagine you enter a Fighting Game tournament, while using mods that auto-combo for you, and you run into an actual competitive player, who recognizes that attack pattern your combo moves were based on. He may be able to pull of a beautiful combo, with his macro running skills, that can take down any button mashing noob, but his skills are nonexistent compared to an actual professional.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Definitely for worse. Not because Alan lost, since it's high time he lost to anyone really, but since all this feels sudden and rushed. Also not rerlly liking the seeming tone and thematic shift.
I don't think there would be many complaints about the seeming shift if people didn't know that it was past the WN. Would be nice to get the situation clarified.

The weird part for me in the past 2 chapters was that someone from the planet was able to sneak through his city's defenses, which is resolved with this revelation.

Dex-chan lover
uh... how did he lose? Was he not supposed to be some kind of fencing genius who had won the intergalactic fencing championships in vr? And then gotten the captain-infodumps ontop of that, including martial arts? Or am I misremembering things from this wn/manga being way too slow and old?
For all readers who thought Allan is a real swordsman... No, he's not a champion of a serious swordfight or anything, he's just a champion of a VR game he played in high school. He created his own swordfighting style called "Corinth-style secret sword skill Meteor Stream" (lol). So, he's just an otaku, not a real swordsman/martial artist, haha... He looks great because he's backed up by nanom.

And in the military, Allan was just an engineering crew, not a combat unit. Yes, he was taught how to fight, but only the basics self-defence. The twins were more skilled in combat than Allan.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
For all readers who thought Allan is a real swordsman... No, he's not a champion of a serious swordfight or anything, he's just a champion of a VR game he played in high school. He created his own swordfighting style called "Corinth-style secret sword skill Meteor Stream" (lol). So, he's just an otaku, not a real swordsman/martial artist, haha... He looks great because he's backed up by nanom.
they just conveniently forgot that when it was brought up in the early chaps that his entire background is VR

Dex-chan lover

And in the military, Allan was just an engineering crew, not a combat unit. Yes, he was taught how to fight, but only the basics self-defence. The twins were more skilled in combat than Allan.
Thanks. I was for some reason sure he said that it was the leading hyperrealistic fantasy vrmmorpg game (that only differed from reality in that it had magic, except it was emulating the magic found on that first magical planet so it matches his current reality perfectly) in the intergalactic empire, and that they had held an intergalactic tournament which mc won. Not just that he had managed to beat some random vr game.

Dex-chan lover
Cause he is only tech support and she is clearly a battle hardened trained soldier. her battle experience likely dwarfs his. Plus she is clearly knowledgeable about his origins and likely comes from those origins in some way.

Dex-chan lover
ok so she's clearly another member of the empire, question is when did she arrive, why is she serving some random noble in a backwater planet.
"when" and "how". Are there any other ships stranded on this planet?

She joins Assassin Guild aka mercenary. They are not loyal to any country. They are paid to do things. The question is whether she will sell out her fellow Galactic Empire.

Users who are viewing this thread