Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 7 Ch. 43 - Church Project and then Children's Debt

Aggregator gang
I can see why malfoym asked though. It kinda sounded like the 490k was made up on the spot after the guy refused the 10k offer. (Next question would be would she have let him go if he "politely" accepted the 10k the first time?)

Dex-chan lover
Why even bother with a serialization for a story on a multi year hiatus?
I don't know, the author's syosetu page have been in radio silent for years and fans are begging to him to resume or at least giving status update on what is actually happening. Japanese people are pointing out the manga almost reach the end of available story to adapt from the novel.

Staff
Super Moderator
Maybe they intend to continue with a Manga only story. Or they end it ...
I guess we will see soon.
there are apparently details that didn't show up in the novel, so I'm still hoping for it to become an original :aquadrink:
the manga introduces elements that aren't present in the LN so perhaps it will be an original story

Double-page supporter
Wait what the.. alright, lets ignore ethics here and think about the laws within this kingdom, if those guys do had a valid contract and their signatures that they would accept becoming slaves then that is it, there is nothing that they can do about it, just because the girls made a contract with this guy it doesn't automatically imply he is legally responsible for them.

As such, if they had used Alan nobility title they could claim the girls were criminals that attempted to rob the subjects under a noble and the penalty for their crimes is serving them or death, and paying this guy to release the boy and compensate him for breach of his contract, or threatening that disobeying nobility have repercussions to blackmail him to do so.

Anyway, thank you for the translation.

Double-page supporter
I can see why malfoym asked though. It kinda sounded like the 490k was made up on the spot after the guy refused the 10k offer. (Next question would be would she have let him go if he "politely" accepted the 10k the first time?)

Welp, first things first, the guy having a contract with the kids doesn't imply that he is legally responsible for their criminal actions, however, they can literally use Alan nobility for blackmail here, a noble's authority can extend to their subjects if the master states so and allow it, so they could claim that refusing their offer is the same as refusing their master offer.

Staff
Super Moderator
Or maybe the manga IS the continuation ppl have been asking for?
apparently not yet
I'm gonna pop your enthusiasm a bit here, but the eternal hiatus for the LN started when they set off for their base, we never actually get to the damn thing. The manga has already showed it off way more than the LN did.

Dex-chan lover
as far i remember this manga came out when vol 2 or its 3 came out, so at that time no one know the author will go missing on us like this

Dex-chan lover
There's been some hints that this story will have its own elements, like the Claria ghost wasn't in the LN, but it remains to be seen.

Hopefully the mangaka doesn't drag his feet with this. I'm guessing there is probably one more volume to go before we hit the hiatus point. It'll prob take like 5 months and if he has any skills he should be able to come up with a way to continue the series after.
or this gets axed lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's the other way around, she mugged him for 490.000, basically asking him to pay compensation for "mismanaging his property by letting the kids attack her."
ah i misunderstood then, im surprised still that they will let him live like that tho.

Dex-chan lover
They didn't pay him. they said he could pay THEM 490k or they could take his life. they were charging him 500k for the inconvinience of the people he was supervising attacking them minus the 10k they were willing to pay to clear the kids debt. hence 490k
yea i misunderstood i read this in the 3 in the morning so i didn't get all of it mb

Dex-chan lover
Finally, someone giving the proper response to greedy loan sharks in an isekai. Most of the time you either get the musclebrain that just busts in doing massive amounts of property damage, and possible murder; or the "intelligent" type that plays along with the criminals' ploy, and ends up paying more than what the orphans owed, without considering that they are directly funding that degeneracy.

Dex-chan lover
it would've been much more better if the loan shark struggled more so we could see blood and a torn limb lmao sad

Users who are viewing this thread