Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 7 Ch. 43 - Church Project and then Children's Debt

Dex-chan lover
it doesn't automatically imply he is legally responsible for them.
True. But it also doesn't stop the twins from retaliating on him and his "business".
Even if he later goes to the guards and report it as assault and theft, well... He still signed a new contract so he agreed to be responsible and to settle it with him paying them.

Looking at laws will change nothing if he agreed to it (on paper).

He may later try to prove that his base full of vicious thugs was raided by beautiful twin girls, he was forced to write a contract to appease them with money: claiming responsibility and writing off their debt by a reduced amount of money and paying them extra.
But then, that'd mean that his thugs are a bunch of weaklings that two girls can take down, shake down their leader and force him to do whatever they want.

500k or his reputation.
It earns his animosity and is a reason for him to attack the girls and the twins (and by extension even Alan might be attacked) but they fear nothing since they think of the people on this planet as basically barbarians.
It's like they are colonizers with muskets or proper guns and the other side is only holding bows and spears.

Ps: Nobody would care about 5 orphans which are abundant.
Even Alan catching criminals was something not that they wanted him to do, but something they wanted him to fail at doing. And what if the penalty for theft is cutting an arm? Not very nice. I mean possible to fix for Alan and others but still annoying to do and the girls will be shown as an attachment to the MC incapable of taking independent action and that they can't do anything on their own and have to rely on the smarts and powers of the great MC to save the day.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Everytime I see an update I feel very happy and sad at the same time, dreading the incoming hiatus.

Aggregator gang
I mean they could just brutally kill him, but they work for the Lord Protector now and politics is always a pain, so it's best to at least settle things in a relatively civil extra-legal manner.

Besides, they're soldiers with discipline.

Dex-chan lover
And unfortunately, it's stuck exactly at side quest lmao.
The novel stopped right after this arc and didn't resume for a couple of years now
Webnovel stopped at chapter 95 in 2020. The light novel version is still listed as ongoing at 4 volumes, but... ...THAT volume 4 came out in 2019. So, I wouldn't get my hopes up on that account. Did covid get the author?

So, who's the mystery licensor who licensed the novel? Novelupdates only lists it as licensed, not who did. And considering the above, who would want to?

Dex-chan lover
came to settle debt, return with hefty profit instead. both use funny logic too when asking the price, in the end its all a matter of brawn lol

I'd just like to say that, apart from famitsu-bunko, all the Japanese publishers of this story only offer the manga, and in fact Kadokawa even mentions it as a Tomomasa manga based on an original story by Aruhiko Itoh.

So it's possible that the LN/WN has been definitively abandoned and that the manga is both a reboot and a sequel by another author/drawing artist.

Users who are viewing this thread