Koudo ni Hattatsu Shita Igaku wa Mahou to Kubetsu ga Tsukanai - Vol. 6 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
Tortilla? Just make it rain!

The Tortilla Rain

Dex-chan lover
Cute vampire is cute. And tacos are great. Y'all ever had a fresh, homemade tortilla? So good you could eat them plain? It's heavenly.

it kind of bothers me that the mangaka/translators made it seem like making the corn into tortilla was a required step of nixtamalization. In reality once the raw corn has been treated it becomes what is sometimes referred to as hominy which can be served as is (often in syrup) or ground and cooked as the American southern dish grits.

and that is enough to ease my pedantic urge

Fed-Kun's army
I can't help but admire the minor refraction in the glasses on pg. 2, 5 (and probably others).
Also corn eating vampires

Dex-chan lover

Check out this video where the host discusses nixtamalization halfway through. I was shocked to find this information show up in a manga as a plot point, but the author is clearly just built different.
Have you seen how hot these characters are?! This isekai manga is clearly built different in general.

Reactions: le3

le3

Dex-chan lover
Broke: SUPERIOR NIPPON RICE

Woke: SUPERIOR MEXICAN TACOS
Seriously, not everyday you see a fucking isekai manga not gloating on SUPERIOR NIPPON RICE.
it kind of bothers me that the mangaka/translators made it seem like making the corn into tortilla was a required step of nixtamalization. In reality once the raw corn has been treated it becomes what is sometimes referred to as hominy which can be served as is (often in syrup) or ground and cooked as the American southern dish grits.

and that is enough to ease my pedantic urge
It probably show Amami inexperienced in the corn subject, aside how nixtamalization making it more suitable as staple food, he's a Japanese anyway :pacman:

Dex-chan lover
Hol up how does he know his cube is 10 cm deep? I don't recall he brought a ruler, I suppose there any medical tools that are consistently 10cm but what are they?:thonk:

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes. This is one of my favorite occult meets medicine factoids. The importance of nixtemalization in preventing pellagra.

Dex-chan lover
i was expecting him to cook sunblock/sunscreen for temporary sun resistance buff

also, the darkness citizen better be celebrating this food with festive mexican clothings that glow in the dark :meguupog:
Just be glad we only got the first of the 3 Ds of pellagra, dermatitis. The other 2 would have been messy.

Users who are viewing this thread