"Kouryakubon" wo Kushi Suru Saikyou no Mahoutsukai - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

He knew everything about the dungeon before even going in,so there is no way he would stand on top of a pitfall trap without knowing it.It's most likely a shortcut or some place with a monster he wants to defeat for the loot.

Dex-chan lover
Scumbag is evolving, Scumbag evolved to Attempted Murderer..

Dex-chan lover
I wonder why he wanted to fall into that trap, is there some weird side quest down there?

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
Anyone know why the priestess suddenly wanted MC to join up with them again? Considering her previous actions I doubt she reflected on her behavior and realized the error of her ways. Probably intended to use him as bait or a meat shield or something dangerous in boss fight where would have him give his all with no support, if any, from hero party. That scummy hero puts too much emphasis on his rank and skills along with assuming they give him permission to act as he wants and not responsible for anything, such as all those dine and dashes MC heard about. As for the trap it's probably a short cut to the boss or something he wanted to go to unless plan was to expose the hero's personality. With that book he'd definitely know that was a trapdoor and that hero would hit the trigger so was planning on falling in the first place. Hopefully next chapter or two will explain why didn't just activate trap himself and jump down although is the bear suppose to follow him or 'help' the hero party? Speaking of traps, seems odd the trapdoor is activated by a wall plate that can't be reached from the trap instead of triggering from someone stepping on middle of the trapdoor. Although makes sense if main purpose of trap is to separate party members from each other and killing anyone who falls as a secondary goal.

Thanks for the chapter!

And boy am I glad he refused. If he went with them and didn't ask for anything in return, I'd just drop this.

Dex-chan lover
@Sonic
If you look at the inscription in the metal skin on the bear (back in Ch 7) you can see the bear is actually named Gradivus - which is one of the Roman bynames for the god of war Mars. (So it's a real word.)

um... yeah, standing on the trap was 100% intentional here. he's way too nonchalant

its probably a shortcut or secret item or something

Really hoping that whole hero party gets what they deserve. I don't think MC fell into their trap, I'm hoping they fall in his.

Thanks for the chapter.

Double-page supporter
I’d like him to just slowly float back out of it with a middle finger or two in plain view lmao

Users who are viewing this thread