Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Vol. 3 Ch. 24

I don't think what she feels now is love.

Remember that she had a devastating break up that left a wound so deep it didn't heal even after several years has passed. She just cover it up with all that work, and AFAIK she never really had a deep conversation about how she feels before this. She always looks so bright, so full of spirit, OP Mary Sue, that she didn't look like she had her heart broken to pieces (except for the first few chapter). You never know that she's actually depressed inside.

Now her heart to heart talk with Dean might sway her somehow. And I suppose she unconsciously wish for someone to just be there and listen. But it's not clear at this point, is the feeling truly love or is she just need someone's company at her weakest state so she wouldn't fall further.

Oh well, my theory would go to the trash bin if the author really intended for her to easily fall in love.

Double-page supporter
@AlessaO I agree it seems like she wants to fill the hole in her heart . she thought she was loved but was quickly betrayed. There is also a hint of trust issues with her saying in previous chapters that she wondered why her family stayed by her side. This is due to her knowledge of how Iris' life was supposed to end with her going to a nunnery which probably wouldn't be above illegal activity such as sex trafficking.
She seems to be drawn to dean because he can understand her modern knowledge of economics and she's looking to him as more of a support system that she doesn't want to lose. The 2nd prince was her support system with him telling her that she has no reason to be afraid of what others think and she confused that desire for support with love and was hurt in the end. She's trying to repress what has the potential to bloom into love because she has that fear of being hurt again.

Ohh, im crying. I hv been thru that and it so hurt. I feel like dyin so i keep draw line between people. I got my self hurt too while readin this.

I hope this doesn't lead to a dean x iris, I normally hate shoujo, but this has been no-nonsense. Would be a shame if it turned to a real shoujo, for me that is.

Seeing a lot of mentions on this chapter of 'This sudden love arc' but if thats what this is, it isnt sudden at all.

He first got her attention with that super duper report, then his handling of the frauding mayor, and from then on his reliable work ethic. Only highlighted by, until he came around, she was working herself to the bone without a proper reliable aide, and further highlighted by how Dean isnt a full-time help, so she's constantly confronted by how much it helps when he's there to help her out. Add in months of off-screen cordial interaction, and now the addition of opening herself up to him emotionally, and I don't see how this COULDN'T develop into liking if not love on her part if they keep on this track.

As of this ch, she's consciously struggling to avoid relying on him, and thats a perfectly normal concern to have in her situation. Especially after both collapsing, and then finding him picking up her slack despite that being against their usual agreement.

Wow that was quick she fell in love with him in a span of 3 chapters

Dex-chan lover
People forget that they've been working together for 4 months almost exclusively, so that's why she started to fall in love

Users who are viewing this thread