Kowloon Generic Romance - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Don't know if it's a language barrier or not, but these metaphors are a little on-the-nose. Feels like reading teenage poetry sometimes.

Double-page supporter
eh whats that in the sky?
considering the historical inaccuracy, is there a sci-fi twist coming?

Double-page supporter
A beautiful piece once again from Mayuzuki Jun, gosh and I'm still love koi wa. Followed, thanks for the scans roselia and led!

@lastKanashimi most likely an alternate universe.

It seems like there really is a language barrier. I'm confused myself to digest it. Over time the meaning can be understood tho, it's just that maybe the translation language is even better.
And I'm not sure I'd like a sci-fi twist like Dead Dead Demon's. I want the story to fully see their special contact, in a closed place, in Kowloon, in their office and environment.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. Interesting. The MMC is brash for sure..........but does he find our FMC attractive or just a co-worker? We know the girl feels something.
It's confusing where this will head. Besides the girl attaining the better vision and the loss of the glasses

@bouken I think there were elements of it in the first chapter, with the eyedrops that magically fixed her vision. I agree that it's very wierd though, And I hope it doesn't get too wacky. Kowloon is already a fascinating concept on its own and I would love to see them really dig into it rather than inventing some SF twist to try to force a more interesting plot.

Dex-chan lover
I really like the theming behind this — with romance being implicated with nostalgia while modernity is just considered “reaching too high”.
The story has a lot of traction, although the politics still don’t quite make sense unless it’s a Berlin Wall kinda thing.

Also, are we supposed to get that her eyedrops are improving her vision? (Looking at the comments, that seems to be consensus)

Fed-Kun's army
It's not really a sci-fi 'twist' if the sci-fi is right there in the open and they're openly talking about it. It's not an overwhelming amount of it and I think it gives just a touch of an almost cyberpunk feel.

kinda reminds me of Aria with faithful sci-fi recreations of famous landmarks

@ItzDaiki Thank you for the chapter! Also, I don't know if this was an intentional thing to scope out potentials, but in the credits page, proofreader is misspelled as "poofreader". Just thought you'd wanna know. If you didn't already.

Users who are viewing this thread