Kowloon Generic Romance - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
I HAVE A THEORY!
I think she's stuck in a kind of dreaming/remembering state.
From the previous chapter we saw that the cafe was completely demolished, and now they mention that Kowloon at some point is scheduled to be demolished.

I believe that right now the city has been demolished and she's either in a coma/dream where she's in Kowloon.
This current chapter seems to be real while all the other ones before it are just her memories/hallucinations.

Aggregator gang
Ooooh that might be true.
I guess we'll find out soon.

edit: I've been bothered by “gentle dystopia” and “generic romance” but it feels like we're getting there. Really looking forward to the next twist(s)!

That, or she had her memories erased and false ones implanted. She knew too much, saw something she shouldn't have in a back alley or something. Would fit right in with the dystopia setting.

Fed-Kun's army
The plot thickens, the genre shifted, the main character reversed, and I'm confused.

Thanks!
I'm really confused.. How did she ended up in the already demolished Kowloon??
Where is Hajime??

VIP
wait, all MALE gimmicks actually originated from FEMALE MC? what does this mean? WTF?

Aggregator gang
I figure whatever’s going on has to do with the sky pyramid thing. It’s been mentioned a few times, but there hasn’t been any real plot development around it other than that it exists and symbolizes change in Kowloon.

I think the fact that she don't need glasses anymore play a big role in this...

Like something happened to her that somehow cured her eyes but gave her amnesia ? And now, she live in delusion in the (newly ?) destroyed Kowloon like nothing happened, Gakkougurashi!-style.

This chapter look likes a flashback of her life before that thing happened...

Supporter
Kowloon must have been demolished or something. All this is nostalgia, a longing for something that was. Both our leads exhibit it.

Just a big maybe, but I agree with the matrix theory. The city itself is weird; crowded, hot, spammy (full of self publicity), everyone seems to do some sort of mundane task that don't let them stop and think. Besides the male lead is assuming the role of female lead because she's got some sort of amnesia.
So... Something is going on and I hope we get a nice twist like she is some sort of clone of his wife or something 😅

Dex-chan lover
I think the guy is dead. She is but reminiscing her past life. But idk man, it's just too realistic to be true. I hope the ending of chapter 8 is a metaphor rather than a literal situation.

Users who are viewing this thread