Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible - Ch. 144 - Female Costar and Protagonist

Dex-chan lover
I read this now and then because it became super stagnant, kinda glad I did because endings mean a lot to me and this one didn’t seem like it would have cut it had I read this weekly. Like I understand you shouldn’t over do the post confession stuff since it can really dry out but that’s like the most exciting part to get to. Ending it just as they start going out is always the biggest eye roll for me especially if the manga is 100+ chapters.

Danger in my heart supremacist still for the fact it has consistent relationship progression (here’s hoping the animes good)

No please just one more chapter, such a fluffy series I'm gonna miss it
Thankfully, there WILL be another chapter in april, and Im looking forward to it cause despite how cute this chapter was, the reactions and, most importantly, their friends were all there, this just doesn't feel like a goodbye, it has to be another ending, but we all know, this is it, we only have one more...
I'll miss this series soooo much, but having all the others (Aharen, Sukinako ga megane and Boku no Kokoro) about to end too feels me with such emptiness, despite how much I love them all... Those mangas really made me the romance dude

Aggregator gang
We'll boys thats it. It was a good journey, but every good journey deserves to end at a somewhat satisfying conclusion, which is what I think this ending is.
I don't hate the ending I actually like it. It just feels a bit lackluster in terms of setup and execution, but does that really make it bad? The series isn't really all about going big. The story is grounded (besides the severity of Shiraishi's "condition"). In comparison to other series' ending/confession is it among the best? no it isn't, but I think it perfectly fits our story.

Dex-chan lover
Thankfully, there WILL be another chapter in april, and Im looking forward to it cause despite how cute this chapter was, the reactions and, most importantly, their friends were all there, this just doesn't feel like a goodbye, it has to be another ending, but we all know, this is it, we only have one more...
I'll miss this series soooo much, but having all the others (Aharen, Sukinako ga megane and Boku no Kokoro) about to end too feels me with such emptiness, despite how much I love them all... Those mangas really made me the romance dude
BokuYaba isn't ending anytime soon

Dex-chan lover
We'll boys thats it. It was a good journey, but every good journey deserves to end at a somewhat satisfying conclusion, which is what I think this ending is.
100% agree with this. This manga was one of my must-reads whenever it updated, but to extend the story any longer would do the point (that is, Shiraishi's growth from Mob to Protag-kun) a disservice. The romcom world could do with fewer epilogues tbh, rather than curtailing the wide open scope that an ending like this provides. Let the heart rest knowing there is an infinite world of possibilities from here on :)

With that said, I'm crossing my fingers that Shiraishi Sr. makes an appearance in a sidestory, assuming he hasn't been lurking in the background this entire time...

Dex-chan lover
Sasuga Shiraishikun. And with that we reached the end of our journey. It has been a fun ride and I hope you also enjoyed it the way I did. Although, I did ask myself, "That's it?" But then again, I guess that's the only goal for the author, not a glimpse of their life after being a couple. Ty to all the teams, both official and fan, who translated this work. :salute:

Dex-chan lover
This kinda sucks... why do these authors focus so much on writing romance that doesn't happen rather than making the relationships actually happen. And this isn't a Japanese anime/manga problem... Korean and Chinese stories also seem to have this issue. Why don't they write stories about them being a couple instead???

Dex-chan lover
was a good ride while it lasted. well at least there is still angel next door spoils me rotten manga/LN.

Aggregator gang
Another romance manga ends when the romance part barely begins.

Dex-chan lover
The confession was cute but it kinda felt flat in my opinion? Idk how to describe it. I am happy to have read this manga and it made my soul happy.
I mean they are in highschool, maybe we can have a sequel in university when they are already dating! That would be great tbh.

Dex-chan lover
And another case of confession->immediate end. I'd always rather we the couple actually being together. That being said, it's a fun and adorable journey.

Dex-chan lover
hhhrhhrrnnghghhgrhghnrrrkkgg my heart!!!
754637f1d6575da77e70d1aa8aaa9713e70fd6ed.jpg

Aggregator gang
Damn. Sad that it's over. I was hoping it would be like Anjou where it would keep going after the confession. That's where i feel these stories can shine even more. Still a great journey though, glad to have seen it through to the end.

Dex-chan lover
I mean they are in highschool, maybe we can have a sequel in university when they are already dating! That would be great tbh.
I know right. Shiraishi-kun could still have major development,idk about Kubo though.

Dex-chan lover
Damn. Sad that it's over. I was hoping it would be like Anjou where it would keep going after the confession. That's where i feel these stories can shine even more. Still a great journey though, glad to have seen it through to the end.
I know what you mean, though idk if Kubo would have more development, Shiraishi-kun still could have tons.Anjou is amazing btw :) I love it

Users who are viewing this thread