Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible - Vol. 4 Ch. 42 - Sugarless and Sugar

Double-page supporter
Okay, first off: Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Secondly: I'm an adult by pretty much any standard, and I have always found coffee completely undrinkable. I prefer tea (Lapsang Souchong is a favourite, as well as Earl Grey), or soft drinks. I have known people my own age who refuse to drink any hot drink, and people significantly younger who take their coffee black and strong enough to permanently mark stainless steel.
Being able to tolerate a particular beverage is not a good measurement for adulthood.

rainbow-barf-2.gif

Dex-chan lover
I have to say I miss how much me and my classmates looked forward to becoming and glorified adulthood when I was younger. Now that I’m an adult it’s literally the same as being a kid except all of sudden I get crazy looks when I try to have fun, I’m expected to never make mistakes, and I have a million billion things I need to pay (and loans I need to take out to pay them and then more things to pay). I think the saddest thing is that now that one scene in spongebob where they were saying “let’s change our names to why and bother” is much more hilarious because I just feel that. Being an adult is way too overrated. This feels like the stage in my life where I would welcome death and need to find anything to escape reality (thus why I’m even here).

Never liked coffee as a kid and still don’t though (got off topic that was initially what I wanted to say)

@deCarabasHJ I think it's just Japanese culture thing. The idea of 'adults drink coffee' or similar imagery where adulthood/maturity is associated with bitter flavors is something that I've seen in several different manga.

This was great I'm glad there was no shit about there being an indirect kiss since kubo drank from Shiraishis cup of coffee and he just drank out of it anyway, Most romance manga would have a whole thing about indirect kisses and shit.

Dex-chan lover
I demand a revised version of the chapter where they both react in the proper way to the indirect kiss.

Users who are viewing this thread