Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible - Vol. 4 Ch. 44 - Shiraishi Junta

Fed-Kun's army
Ahhh so fluffy and comforting, like falling into a nice warm bed. I love this manga

Dex-chan lover
First, shitty story. MASSIVE wish-fulfillment. She has literally fallen in love with him BECAUSE he doesn't do anything, BECAUSE he is so utterly devoid of character.

Second, a Japanese high school classroom with only fifteen students? When they're actually known for being over-crowded with around 40 students on average? Yeah, okay, whatever.

Wish-fulfillment? For the guy? The girl? the reader? What are you hoping for? What I am hoping for is insulin.

That's the kind of romance I wish I had. Where I dont have to pretend, dont need to try hard, and just being me. Shiraishi never did a thing (at first) and yet kubo still attracted to him. To find someone who can accept you the way you are without you putting up a front is so underrated

some girls literally do "fall in love" with a guy that do nothing aside from being handsome. Might just be how I perceive things tho.
The story is your basic slice of life, By that standard every SOL is shit aside from few ones.

Dex-chan lover
@Reigard I'll let you in on a little something.

GOOD stories have some amount of realism. Even complete fantasy stories (which this is NOT) have some amount of realism because readers are always real-life people who live in the real world.

If your defense for this story is that it doesn't need to make sense, then that means it's not a good story.

Dex-chan lover
jeez, just block him and move on. who cares what people say? If you like a manga and he doesn't, just ignore him and keep on liking it. He is the one who is wasting his time reading something he doesn't like. People that seek out things that they don't like so they can complain are pretty miserable people not worth your time. I have had series I didn't like, and guess what? I stopped reading and commenting on em. It ain't hard. If he is still here it is because he wants attention.

Dex-chan lover
@comeonnow0 Oh, yes, Samsa turning into a massive bug was incredibly realistic and well grounded, which is why Metamorphosis is still such a well respected book...

...When is the time to admit that you argument is shit and wouldn't work even if it held any ground here?

@Bbq_lover I think that that "sense of superiority" was describing the smugness born from knowing or witnessing something nobody else does, instead of her perceived superiority over him. But yeah, unironic superiority complex is pretty nasty to see.

Dex-chan lover
@Qwormuli Yes, because there's no realism in Metamorphosis regarding the character's personalities and behaviors. Nothing about the growing desperation and hopelessness of the situation and him FEELING it. Nothing about how the parents and the sister almost literally try to sweep it under the rug after it's all done and over.

Your comment is such shit. When is the time to admit that you have nothing better to say when I made a legitimate criticism of this series?

@comeonnow0 here's your clown certificate. I know people can have their own opinion but damn I had some laughs reading yours. Reality on manga? guess fantasy genre is no more. Like dude, pretty sure most of us read manga to escape reality and enjoy the shit out of it.

But hey, you do you. Have a nice day and Merry Christmas.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaete Wow, really shows how stupid and sad you are. Great explanation. 10/10 reasons. No realistic human behavior and thoughts.

Come back to me when you're not dumb as hell.

@comeonnow0 as I say, you do you m8. I just find it funny you're shitting on everyone and doesn't even look at the mirror. And yeah I did exaggerate that fantasy part if you didn't notice lul. You need some chill on life m8, have some snickers :)

Dex-chan lover
@Kaete lul, backing out like the baby that you are because you got called out for your stupidity. Class act.

@comeonnow0 woah you got me there dude, here's some claps for you. I'm sorry if I somehow offended you boy, just saying that people have their own opinions. If you think unrealistic is terrible, but other people said otherwise, cool nobody is in wrong because each people have their own mindset. You really don't need to shit them, that's just naive and childish bro. But if you do think yourself somehow superior aNd HaVe tHe CorReCt oPIniOn, aight then can't help it. You do you.

if you want to continue shitting on me, go ahead, no one stopping you. You would just keep making yourself looks worse.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaete You're now trying to make yourself look better by acting like the voice of reason. You're saying people have differing opinions? Yeah, of course. I'm not fighting that strawman.

The problem is that's not what this was about. It was about whether characters should have realistic personalities and behaviors. There needs to be some amount of realism for a story to make sense.

If you like this series, fine, that's cool too. I obviously don't, but you do you. You can say this has enough realism to make sense and be good. However, if you say you don't need any realism at all, then yes, you're saying nonsense. I said this doesn't have enough realism. Other people said herp derp, don't need any realism, herp derp. That's the real issue, and you're just trying to distract.

Users who are viewing this thread