Kujibiki Tokushou Musou Harem-ken - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.1 - Meeting Helene-Hime Once Again! The Darkness of the Demon Sword is Drawing Near!

Fed-Kun's army
@YuriM
Who said that you can't do that?
Banknote has more advantages of coins like bringing them easier, and for government perspective, it's easier to create and the value can be easier to control. Now that it's harder to forfeit using magic, it'd be a perfect currency.

@VanJosh
Making paper money doesn't create inflation, making more money than you fixed initially and without any reason certainly do.
The case of Venezuela and other countries that do the same is different because the money created is not interchanged for the old money (in this way that the "game" stay the same) instead, in those countries the money created is used by the state to pay for whatever they want, they introduce the money to the market by making people work for money that doesn't have any value and that is going to devalue the money the rest of the people already have. it's money of only one use, money that only the one that introduced it and the first few that received and spent it can take advantage of.
Once inside, all the money the people already had lose some of its value because there's more money but the same amount of goods and services.

What they are trying to do here in this manga, I guess it's different. they are probably going to exchange the new money for the old money. which shouldn't be a problem if the ones issuing the money don't try to take advantage and keep making more without any reason, and that's pretty unlikely since we're not even talking about an state, we're talking about royalty and nobles, and a worst system in general.

Dex-chan lover
Ok i just read all of the comment about the paper money and i still dont understand. No problème de Will not see it too much i think.

Did you just let your maid in you're house ( i dont know all of the you your you're And how use them sorry)? The former ghost house ?

Dex-chan lover
changing from coins to paper money has historically been a hard thing to do, people simply don't trust a little piece of paper as much as they do a coin. the only reason people started using paper money was because it was backed up by gold so you could simply take the paper money and go to the bank and exchange it for a sum of gold of equivalent value. here though there's nothing at all backing the currency, you are planning on melting down all the copper coins so what exactly is backing up your paper money?
there's also the idea that other people can fake coins but wouldn't be able to take paper money because only the royal family can put royal seals on things. do your coins not have the royal seal on them and why would someone not be able to take the royal seal? is it magic?

Dex-chan lover
@Doomer ... if I remember right our idiotic MC just introduced them to Fiat Currency which does not need to be backed with other valuables, that is NOT a good thing in medieval societies. In fact if I remember right the first royal (a persian I believe) who tried that, watched it fail hard and got murdered soon after.

Aggregator gang
@Doomer
The royal crest is something only the royalty can use. Why would they suggest it otherwise?
No, if the coins had the seal on them counterfeiting wouldn't work.

Dex-chan lover
armor is for pussies. my manly plot armor is more than enough

jokes aside, you should use some armor. we've seen plot armors fail before

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised that he just went "wow you two do look like each other!" without mentioning that one has human ears and the other has elf ears, that seems like a potentially important thing unless pointy elf ears are just a thing some people have in this world.

@StorminUrAss yah, you explained all the possible things, and that's why I didn't explain the effect of it entirely. If the royalty itself is the only ones able to produce those "royal seals" then in the future if there will be a greedy lineage, he or she; the royalty will produce endless amounts of the "paper money" to pay everything he/she wants. Thus increasing the amount of paper money and devaluing it even more. It's quite awful to see the value of something to increase due to excess cash like in Vietnam a noodle soup cost 40,000 dong in the US it'll be like just $1.7, so much zeros man.

Users who are viewing this thread