Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Vol. 10 Ch. 100 - Kuma-san and the Diners Opening Day

Dex-chan lover
Probably yes and no. In alternate worlds they don't want to out right say Japan. So they call it wano kuni or land of harmony which is pretty much Japan. Same as like in one piece, there is a country called land of harmony which is a copy and paste of japan

Dex-chan lover
It may be quite naive, but I love how Animanga always idealizes working in food establishments as devoted serving the customers.
Tbf, if you're in a world where ppl are hunting monsters and someone as young as Fina can deconstruct it (tho surprised there wouldn't' also be magical knives and stuff lol), something that's like a cafe/restaurant would be better. Esp if some were living as an orphan (well the fish girl was working in her dad's restaurant so she already had a passion for cooking before) before though there are some good looking dishes b/c ppl like aesthetic as well, wouldn't be surprised if there were some Kuma pop up cafe events or so

Plus Yuna's there to beat up any crappy customers /shot

Dex-chan lover
It may be quite naive, but I love how Animanga always idealizes working in food establishments as devoted serving the customers.
Because Japan prides itself in its food and food service. Above all else. That's why they'll showcase it in anime, manga, or even video games like the Yakuza series.

There's a reason why so many Michelin Stars belong to the Japanese.

Dex-chan lover
Yuna with her entrepreneurs skill never fail to amaze me, she should quit adventuring and become full businesswoman :finnawoke:
I think there is good synergy there. Her physical adventures give her opportunities and inspiration for economic adventures.
In this fantasy world, there is a far-away country of Wa, that is said to be similar to our world's Japan. That's where MC gets her rice and soy sauce.

Dex-chan lover
In this fantasy world, there is a far-away country of Wa, that is said to be similar to our world's Japan. That's where MC gets her rice and soy sauce.
Ah heck, had forgotten about that one. Thanks for the reminder.

Dex-chan lover
Yuna is just prepping the logistics pipeline so that she will never have to work again. Just enjoying good food and laze around.
I wonder if in the end she will invent VRMMORPGs so that she would be able to play them.

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing this "Wa" country is from the LN since I have no recollection of them bringing it up in the manga, they mentioned the food when Yuna first got to Mireera but I don't think they mentioned the name, just that the dishes were "from over seas".

I'm guessing this "Wa" country is from the LN since I have no recollection of them bringing it up in the manga, they mentioned the food when Yuna first got to Mireera but I don't think they mentioned the name, just that the dishes were "from over seas".
Yeah. Its mentioned in the "official" seven seas manga translation too, just not in the Infrequent Scans version (which as you say just says "from a land like japan" prior to her kiling the kraken, or "from overseas" during the bamboo harvesting arc)

Wa is important as there is a multi-book arc set there starting at light novel vol 18...

I wonder if in the end she will invent VRMMORPGs so that she would be able to play them.
"Japanese office work simulator: stock trading edition" :D

Users who are viewing this thread