Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Vol. 4 Ch. 31

Double-page supporter
hmmm. I kinda despise her now, because she created plastic..
I sure do hope she makes carton ones instead....

Double-page supporter
I'm reading people say that these egg containers are plastic... We have containers that looks like these made out of some paper like material here in the Philippines so it's probably the same thing

Dex-chan lover
She screwed up a very important step in taking care of the "cluckers".
If we assume they're basically just chickens at least, chickens only have a very rudimentary concept of quantity.
That is to say chicken counting at best would be: None, One, Many. At the very least though, chickens can tell the difference between no eggs and some eggs, and some can tell the difference between one eggs and more than one egg.

Usual policy when harvesting the eggs is to leave a fake egg or two in the nest as a substitute so the chickens don't get stressed out wondering where their eggs went (even if they're not fertilised).

Plus it would help if she could get back any leftover egg shells so they can be ground up to recycle the calcium into the chicken feed. More calcium = stronger eggshells = fewer breakages.

But at the very least they need substitute eggs to stop the "cluckers" stressing out over their eggs vanishing all the time.

Dex-chan lover
@The5thSeraph wow I didn't know about that. I know that it was courtesy to leave an egg behind but not the reason, or the fact that you can use eggshells like that.
also I agree with most statement about the plastic. but the TL is probably just poking fun that "egg cartons" just magically appeared

Dex-chan lover
@IrregularPerson
I've been around a lot of chickens in my life. They're pretty stupid creatures on the whole, but there are still a lot of things you'd never know if you hadn't been around them a lot.
If you don't leave the substitute egg there, all sorts of madness can occur, not least of which is chickens running away in a panic or trying to steal eggs from other chickens. Or of course they just get stressed out and won't lay any more.
Oh yeah, and while the whole ground up eggshells thing is a bit of a life-hack for poultry farmers (and a necessary one, given how often chickens make their nests in really stupid places and end up breaking their own eggs), you have to make sure to grind them up really fine so they don't realise what they're eating. Once a chicken figures out that what it is eating is its own eggs, it will start pecking open eggs itself, and that is a really difficult habit to break.

Dex-chan lover
@The5thSeraph wow umm... VERY INTERESTING. this just kind of confirms that they're brutal (or they just de-evolved to be very stupid). I recently looked up different shapes of cockscombs and learned why there is usually one rooster (a little irrelevant but I thought I give some context, I recently learned about "red glasses"). I vaguely remember that chickens were originally domesticated more for the cock fights than actual husbandry.
now I think I know the reason why my friend has a fear of chickens... thank you very much for elaborating. I should look up some more information on my own. the most mundane things could be the most... informative.

It reminds me of those cardboard egg holders, the part at the end is re-used images

Dex-chan lover
Nice! She invented pollution! :kek:
I'm guessing they are actually from some natural materials! This operation went too smoothly for having wild animals suddenly in contact with a bunch of unruly children! Considering half the chicken would die from some stroke, she should make a hatchery!

Where i live we have cardboard and plastic, mostly cardboard. So that it looked like plastic is your pov.

Users who are viewing this thread