Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Vol. 4 Ch. 39.5

@Madologist The Abilities anime tried to be both anime original AND faithful to the source at the same time, creating a mess of changed material that really, REALLY, annoyed the hardcore fans that it needed to pander to.
If it went one way or the other it could've been great. Either the direct adaptation that fans hoped for, or a original story variant that could've given a fresh twist. But as it was it was full of "But WHY did you change that?!"

@ Madologist They essentially took the light novel, scrapped most of it in the bin and made a anime that kinda resembled the novel, for example it started with a original antagonist that was obsessed with loli's.

Dex-chan lover
People shit on Abilities Average, but it's the author who essentially said "fuck it, do whatever you want idc."
Which is somehow rare, authors usually do care about their creations.

If they have a sizable budget, even total garbage can be made into something enjoyable (Bofuri).
But even without it, making Kuma adaptation worse than it already is would be a very difficult feat to pull off.

Dex-chan lover
just dont redesign the characters like maou-sama retry.....pls dont do it...im begging

Anime Adaptations are always a gamble for series' you enjoy. There are a lot of poorly done ones and there are also a few gems hidden in there. Just hope the studio is good and that they enjoy the source material enough to actually keep it good.

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F

were the characters redesigned in the anime of maou-sama retry ?
i dont remember them being any different from the manga, or were you talking about different from the novels ?
if so , in what way were they redesigned?

Dex-chan lover
Kuma Kuma's kuma is the kuma that will kuma the heavens?

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal ok lets go one by one:

Maou

dsBPdSN.jpg

They erased a couple of face lines, so he looks younger...ok thats not so bad right? but then...
QI9ONRp.jpg

They gave him this stupid ass haircut, like wtf? I guess they wanted him to look even younger?
Ok so first change, really weird but not a deal breaker but then...

Aku

uUNbNh9.jpg

Ok...so Aku looks older now and and her design...well this image explains it perfectly
RqrXhRL.jpg

Ok this designs are getting a bit generic, but the thing that bothered me about the anime was the order of things, in the manga maou carries aku to the cave after she said she's dirty because of all the work cleaning literal shit for her village, this shows us the kind of guy he is, but in the anime she takes a bath right after they meet and then they have the carrying scene, but she still says shes dirty and all that, which honestly seems dumb now and they still treat it like a big deal, in the manga she takes a bath too but its right before she sleeps so it doesnt change anything.

Luna

8iOkotP.png

...Ok so she looks older as well, and also more generic, now other problems are starting to show, with the manga designs they can be more expressful, like here:
JbuZfjY.jpg

With the new desing they can't convey the same expressions like in the next scene:
tT6B6d4.png

5jy1bC0.jpg

Also i feel they made her extra tsundere in the anime, besides erasing details like her hairclip and keeping her frilly clothes under her a mantle all that just makes the anime desing less interesting.Granted she does look older later on the manga but thats coz the clothes she still retains her expressfullness

Killer Queen

65RjD3O.jpg

Honestly in this case i like the new desing more, but then they did this:
IaduR6I.jpg

Fucking cowards

Zero

CuSCza2.png
VS
3Wrk7Om.jpg

Bye cool scar! gotta look non-threatening...

Fuck it im tired, im gonna stop here, honestly one or two changes isnt that bad, most studios have their own style, but fuck me sideways....

Bonus coz fuck it

How in the flying fuck do you go from this:
gis2KgR.jpg

To this:
hR3GiJN.png

Ps: If the anime Is based in the LN then bless the manga artist for giving them more life

There making this, THIS an anime, but they cancelled the asaname manga. This is Bullshit! It's all bullshit and I blame all of you dopes piss poor taste for this happening 😠. God damnit. Jesus, buddha, Durga Vishnu, and Muhammad damn it!

Fed-Kun's army
the official english licensors should title the anime "Bear Bear Bear Bear"

also, rip tengen toppaw gurren lagann dream

Dex-chan lover
By based on original work they mean light novel or web novel? The manga seems close to the wwb novel so either light novel has some differences or is they are gonna make changes? I hope it doesnt get ruined like make my abilities average. The web novel was a trillion times better than the anime.

@Nikosgarofola or maybe you have poor taste and we all have good taste?

You'll just have to "bear" with it

Aggregator gang
@eng1 I think they meant the Light Novel. And no, the manga actually follows the LN instead of WN. Do you remember a chapter on the manga about the first time Yuna summoned her bears and they fought a giant boar? It was taken from the LN.

Contributor
@Hollow7F
The manga character design is based of the original LN illustrator and the anime is based on the new LN illustrator. For some weird reason after the third LN volume they decided to change illustrator and rerelease everything with the new (worse) illustrator.

I've been waiting for anime since I read the webnovel. I enjoy both webnovel and manga. I hope the anime will also be enjoyable to me.

Users who are viewing this thread