Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Vol. 6 Ch. 55 - Kuma-san gets some Eggs

Dex-chan lover
@Doenyon
NO! I can't accept that! My life is a lie!!!!!!!!

@Oeconomist
One can argue it never really disappeared. How many kids had paper routes, sold cookies, worked with the plowshare, lemonade stands, influenced on youtube...

Dex-chan lover
@Nikosgarofola
If you translate the title it's
Bear bear bear bear. ....
Well, sort-of. If you translate the title, it is “Bear Bear Bear /beaː/”. That is to say that the “ベアー” isn't a Japanese word for bear or even really word at all, but very rough transliteration of how people who speak with their pinkies extended pronounce “bear” /bεː/. (The Japanese writing systems cannot handle the unaffected /bεɺ/.)

Dex-chan lover
@Sep10trion

Yes, it's only by treating “child labor” not as a description, but as a name for a vaguely defined concept, that we could find it anywhere completely outlawed, and the labor of children would persist illegally if it were outlawed.

Cool, our protagonist, miss pushover, was once again coerced into doing something. This time it's making a pudding shop.

Dex-chan lover
@Sep10trion yeah, I know, flan is just the french word for Pudding. :(

And regarding child labor, it is still somewhat allowed for agriculture, at least in France, it's allowed for a 14yr old and older, to work in their parents farm (part time, without sacrificing school, and well 14+ but it's still minors working)
Also from 14+ you can be an apprentice so basically part time work too.

Dex-chan lover
wait, how the heck did trader girl get an empty pudding cup from the capitol in the same time it took yuna to use an instant transfer gate??

thanks for the chapter, hoping we can get more soon it seems the previous person doing the translations and stuff really wasnt lying when they said they disappear

You know all this talk of pudding is making me want to listen to that old song, 'Pudding Annihilation' for some reason.

Dex-chan lover
The anime just ignore a lot of the little details that create the worldbuilding

The lyrics that mylene sang at the last page is 1st Love Story op of netoyome anime

@epicfail48 Well often times sugar was treated as an expensive luxury (depending on where you lived), so "sweets" weren't very common.

Dex-chan lover
@fdmz

Nah, it looks more severe than it actually is, also when i was in japan some places sold "pudding" with the samee type of topping- it's been a few years since the last time i made either, but if i remmeber correctly the top layer is just sugar carmelised under torch/ high oven setting. In the pudding they are eating, the carmel is on the bottom, and then when you take it from the mold it moves to the top, giving it more glossy, solid texture. Personally i just did both, with carmel on top and bottom

@Nep
Assuming the one i got in germany and in poland are decent representatives, they seemed to add flour/starch to make consistency more... caky? Quick google search seems to imply use of gelatin.

After some research, it does appear that pudding is just far more general term, that can refer to many types of food, not only dessert food, while if you were to go to japan and buy "Purin" (and i did eat a shit ton of that stuff) it was always indeed as suggested, Crème caramel.

In general it annoys me, because when I came back from japan and tried to get some "Purin", i would get dessert that while sometimes tasty, was never what i wanted, making me even think for some time that it's some unusual japanese delicacy, unavailable in other parts of the world, until i did more research.

Users who are viewing this thread